My kids are pancake OBSESSED. No really! They eat pancakes EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I am shocked none of them have turned into little flapjacks already!
They’ve eaten me out of house and home this summer and honestly, my kitchen was bare one day. Except for a box of Aunt Jemina pancake mix. I suggested we just make them into muffins and I was shocked to see their faces light up! So now, I can finally just make my own pancake muffins, freeze them and have a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack for my pancake obsessed children.
My kids like plain pancakes, but this is a great versatile recipe!
Popular Pancake Muffins Mix ins:
Mix in your favorite pancake toppings like:
- mini chocolate chips,
- diced bacon or sausage bits,
- blueberries or strawberries
- diced bananas
- cinnamon or brown sugar (or both)
- chocolate (add cocoa powder)
- peanut butter or almond butter
My kids have gotten to the age now where they are totally capable of making these Pancake Muffins all on their own and I just love it! My daughter recently made them for her friends during a sleepover! They were a big hit!
How to make these Pancake Muffins:
In a bowl, mix together pancake mix, milk, egg and oil. Fold in your mix ins (if any). Let your batter stand for a minute or two.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each muffin tin with a couple of tablespoons of batter and bake!
I won’t lie, even I love these pancake muffins as an adult! Making pancakes into muffins gets your pancakes onto the table all at the same time.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- Any of your favorite pancake mixin's - blueberries, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- Mix ingredients together and let stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken. '
- Prehead the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin tins or cups with 2 1/2 tbsp of mix.
- Bake until cooked through 12-15 minutes.