Take your favorite pancake recipe and make it into pancake muffins instead! The kids will love them! Top with chocolate chips, bacon or fruit!
My kids are pancake OBSESSED. No really! They eat pancakes EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I am shocked none of them have turned into little flapjacks already!
They’ve eaten me out of house and home this summer and honestly, my kitchen was bare one day. Except for a box of Aunt Jemina pancake mix. I suggested we just make them into muffins and I was shocked to see their faces light up!
So now, I just make my own pancake muffins, freeze them and have a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack for my pancake obsessed children.
My kids like plain pancakes, but this is a great versatile recipe!
Popular Pancake Muffins Mix ins:
Mix in your favorite pancake toppings like:
- mini chocolate chips,
- diced bacon or sausage bits,
- blueberries or strawberries
- diced bananas
- cinnamon or brown sugar (or both)
- chocolate (add cocoa powder)
- peanut butter or almond butter
My kids have gotten to the age now where they are totally capable of making these Pancake Muffins all on their own and I just love it! My daughter recently made them for her friends during a sleepover! They were a big hit!
How to make these Pancake Muffins:
In a bowl, mix together pancake mix, milk, egg and oil. Fold in your mix ins (if any). Let your batter stand for a minute or two.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each muffin tin with a couple of tablespoons of batter and bake!
I won’t lie, even I love these pancake muffins as an adult! Making pancakes into muffins gets your pancakes onto the table all at the same time.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- Any of your favorite pancake mixin's - blueberries, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- Mix pancake muffin ingredients together and let stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken. '
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin tins or cups with 2 1/2 tbsp of pancake muffin mix.
- Bake the Pancake muffins until cooked through 12-15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.