This simple homemade buttermilk biscuits recipe is delicious thanks to using 3 ingredients, one of which is pancake mix! If you love soft and buttery biscuits, this will become one of your favorite recipes!
These delicious biscuits are a breakfast staple in our home. Buttermilk biscuits are a welcomed sight on my breakfast table, but they are perfect for any time of day!
Did you know this biscuit recipe is super simple to make? What if I told you it took just three of your favorite ingredients? Yup it’s true! And one of those ingredients? Using any of the major pancake mix brands. There’s no special biscuit mix used here!
There is no need to head out to Cracker Barrel when you can make these yummy buttermilk biscuits right at home.
Bisquick pancake mix and krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix is SO versatile, I always keep them stocked up in my pantry! You have to check out some of my favorite recipes using pancake mix (that aren’t pancakes). If you like you make your own homemade bisquick mix, you can use that too!
Why You Should Use a Buttermilk Pancake Mix
Because it has everything already in it! There is no need to measure out flour, sugar, a leveling agent, butter, etc.. Just pour your pancake mix into a measuring cup and you are done. Perfect for people who think they can’t bake.
How to Make Pancake Mix Biscuits
Be sure to scroll down to get my full printable recipe which has ingredients and instructions!
You will need:
- 2 1/4 cup of Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup of buttermilk or cold milk
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- an ungreased cookie sheet
- and a biscuit cutter (if you have no biscuit cutter, just use the top of a mason jar or a round glass)
Get started making your flavorful biscuits!
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix and milk using a wooden spoon, until a soft dough forms.
On a work surface, sprinkle more pancake mix.
Transfer dough to the floured surface and knead the dough lightly about 10-12 times.
Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and drop biscuits onto your baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven until your biscuit dough turns golden brown.
Place biscuits on a cooling rack and brush the tops of the biscuits with a little bit of melted butter.
What to Serve with Biscuits
The next time you make fluffy biscuits, use these recipes as a starting point!
- They make a quick side to salads, soups, casseroles and more thanks to the prep time.
- biscuits and country gravy,
- with homemade jam
- breakfast sandwiches,
- chicken pot pies,
- as a dessert with fresh fruit and ice cream
- Brushed with a teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder and cheddar cheese to make Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Do you have any of your own recipes that you would serve with bisquick biscuits?
Keep your biscuits in an airtight container or zippered freezer bag, in a cool and dark place.
Yes! Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits freeze so wonderfully too! If you decide to go that route, hold off on the buttering the tops. Let them cool and place the biscuits in a freezer bag. I like to make a big batch of these buttermilk biscuits and freeze them to have ready to go on the weekends. To thaw, leave your biscuits at room temperature.
Place your biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment or sprayed with non stick cooking spray and heat them at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes, giving them a quarter turn half way through.
- 2 1/4 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix pancake mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
- On a work surface, sprinkle more pancake mix.
- Knead the dough lightly about 10-12 times.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the homemade buttermilk biscuits with melted butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - 60 Square Feet
5 Pieces Stainless Steel Biscuit Cookie Cutters
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Hiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking - 11.8" x 16.5" - Stainless Steel Wire Cookie Rack Fits Half Sheet Pan, Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling
Krusteaz, Pancake Mix, Buttermilk 5 Lb (Packaging May Vary)