This simple homemade buttermilk biscuits recipe is delicious thanks to using 3 ingredients, one of which is pancake mix! They’re soft, buttery and versatile too!
These homemade buttermilk biscuits are a breakfast staple in our home. Buttermilk biscuits are a welcomed sight on my breakfast table.
Did you know Buttermilk Biscuits are also super simple to make? What if I told you it took just two ingredients? Yup it’s true! And one of those ingredients? Your favorite pancake mix!
Pancake mix is SO versatile! You have to check out some of my favorite recipes using pancake mix (that aren’t pancakes).
How to make homemade buttermilk biscuits:
You will need:
Buttermilk Pancake Mix
a sheet pan
Get started making your biscuits!
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix pancake mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
On a work surface, sprinkle more pancake mix.
Knead the dough lightly about 10-12 times.
Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
Place biscuits on prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter.
Can I freeze these homemade buttermilk biscuits?
Yes! Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits freeze so wonderfully too! If you decide to go that route, hold off on the buttering the tops. Let them cool and place the biscuits in a freezer bag. I like to make a big batch of these and freeze them to have ready to go on the weekends.
Also, you can use different sized biscuit cutters to make your Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits bigger or smaller depending on your preferences.
I’ve been told that my homemade buttermilk biscuits taste a lot like Cracker Barrels! What a compliment!!
Because putting dinner on the table every night can be stressful, I love to serve up breakfast for dinner once a week!
- 2 1/4 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix pancake mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
- On a work surface, sprinkle more pancake mix.
- Knead the dough lightly about 10-12 times.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the homemade buttermilk biscuits with melted butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - 60 Square Feet
- 5 Pieces Stainless Steel Biscuit Cookie Cutters
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Hiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking - 11.8" x 16.5" - Stainless Steel Wire Cookie Rack Fits Half Sheet Pan, Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling
- Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop
- Krusteaz, Pancake Mix, Buttermilk 5 Lb (Packaging May Vary)