You are going to love these copycat starbucks blueberry muffins! This tasty blueberry muffin has a streusel topping and you will find juicy blueberries in every bite!
These truly are the best blueberry muffins. I am pretty much obsessed with the Starbucks baked goods, so I was pretty motivated to make a Starbucks copycat recipe for their moist blueberry muffins.
Anyone else love to eat the muffin tops first? The delicious streusel topping of these fluffy muffins is just my favorite, they have the best texture. Use frozen or fresh blueberries, whichever you have available to make these Starbucks type of simple blueberry muffin.
How to make Starbucks Copycat Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom to get see what this easy blueberry muffin recipe calls for in a printable version with affiliate links.
For the muffins:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder (your leavening agent)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar (white sugar)
- 1 cup plain yoghourt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter, (unsalted butter, melted)
Make the Beautiful Muffins:
Line a muffin pan with muffin liners or grease muffin cups. Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
In a large bowl, sift together plain flour, baking powder and tsp salt.
In a medium bowl, mix together sugar and eggs. Then place vegetable oil, yogurt and vanilla extract in the bowl and mix.
Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients (the flour mixture) and mix until combined.
In a small bowl, coat 2 cups of blueberries with 1-2 tbsp flour.
Fold the blueberries into muffin batter.
Spoon muffin batter into muffin tins, filling them about 2/3rds the way to the top.
Top each muffin with any remaining blueberries.
Make the crumb topping:
Mix together 1 cups flour, softened butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
Bake your sweet muffins in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes when they are golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Dust muffins lightly with powdered sugar after they have cooled.
Yes! I love to freeze muffins and just pull out a few at a time. Just place them in a single layer in an airtight container and freeze. To dethaw, you can keep them on the counter until they come to room temperature or defrost in the microwave.
You can use sour cream or make a homemade buttermilk by using 1 cup whole milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar instead.
The next time you are craving Starbucks muffins, make your own muffins using this great recipe!
Want more of the Best Muffins? Try these all with a 5 star rating!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups fresh or frozen Blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar and eggs.
- Mix in yogurt, oil and vanilla extract.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, coat 2 cups of blueberries with 1-2 tbsp flour.
- Add blueberries into muffin batter.
- Spoon muffin batter into muffin tin, filling about 2/3rds the way to the top.
- Top each muffin with remaining blueberries.
- Make the crumb topping: Mix together remaining flour, butter and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dust blueberry muffins lightly with powdered sugar after they have cooled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.