When you need a quick meal idea, you will want to turn to these easy Taco Biscuit Cups! They’re kid and freezer friendly too!
These Taco Biscuit Cups are the perfect recipe to make ahead of time and then enjoy all week long.
Who doesn’t love a handheld food? We love these Taco Biscuit Cups because they are fast to make, they’re versatile and it’s something my whole family will eat!
While these make for a quick dinner, I have often made a big batch of these and then had them in the fridge for an easy lunch.
How to Make Taco Biscuit Cups:
You will need to have on hand:
- ground chicken
- olive oil
- red and yellow peppers
- small onion
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits
- shredded cheddar or mexican style cheese
- Additional toppings you might like on tacos
So let’s get started cooking!
Start by dicing up your peppers and onions.
Heat up a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
Then add the ground chicken, peppers, and onion.
Cook until chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft and fragrant.
Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water, stir, and let it simmer.
While the chicken is simmering, split the biscuit dough in half (by pulling apart or cutting) so that you have 16 rounds.
Press the biscuit dough rounds into a greased muffin tin.
Then fill each cup with the chicken mixture and top with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
Some things to keep in mind when making your own Taco Biscuit Cups:
- Substitute the ground chicken to make these fajitas biscuit cups with pork, shredded chicken or ground beef.
- If you are someone who likes to make a big batch of meat or chicken to use in recipes, this recipe is perfect for that.
- Did you make tacos earlier in the week? Use your leftover meat to make taco biscuit cups!
- These cups are super freezer-friendly! Cook a big batch, cool and then lay flat in a freezer safe bag or container and freeze. You can reheat in the oven or the microwave.
- To round out your meal, serve your biscuit cups with rice, corn or a salad.
Serve your Taco Biscuit Cups with your favorite taco toppings.
I like to make a taco bar for my family since we all have different preferences when it comes to taco toppings. Some of our favorites include:
- sliced olives
- sliced jalapenos
- sour cream
- avocado | guacamole
- diced red onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 (1 oz) packet of taco or fajita seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Style cheese
- Optional Taco Toppings: green onion, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, etc.
- Dice your peppers and onions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Then add the ground chicken, peppers, and onion to your skillet.
- Cook until chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft and fragrant.
- Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water, stir, and let simmer.
- Meanwhile split the biscuit dough in half (by pulling apart) so that you have 16 rounds.
- Press the biscuit dough rounds into a greased cupcake pan.
- Then fill each cup with the chicken mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
Substitute your ground chicken for pork, ground beef or shredded chicken.