These copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples taste just like the real thing! Enjoy them at any meal. They’re full of cinnamon and flavor!
If you ever have dined at Cracker Barrel, you will know how delicious their fried apples are. It’s one of my favorite items on their menu and I love making them right at home with this copycat recipe!
Cracker Barrel’s menu is completely full of comfort food. And usually one of our stops along the way as we travel. It’s always great to be able to make your favorite menu item right at home.
You can make these Cracker Barrel Fried Apples in the slow cooker. Which I love, since it’s a set it and forget it type of recipe. You can enjoy these fried apples for literally any meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner and my personal favorite? dessert.
How to Make Cracker Barrel Fried Apples:
Scroll down to the bottom of the post to get the full recipe with ingredients and instructions.
Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
Peel, core and cut the apples into wedges
Place the apples in the slow cooker.
Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl: both sugars, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apples and toss the apples until evenly coated.
Melt the butter and in a large measuring cup, stir together the melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour over the apples.
This becomes the delicious sauce that the apples are in.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Be careful not to overcook as the apples will look intact but fall apart upon stirring.
Stir gently prior to serving.
What to Serve with Your Fried Apples:
These Cracker Barrel Fried Apples go great with:
- As a topping on French Toast, buttermilk waffles, pancakes or cinnamon roll waffles.
- Often pork chops are paired with applesauce, so swap that out and serve fried apples instead!
- Serve as is for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve on top of buttermilk biscuits.
- For a snack, try with yogurt.
To save your apples, store in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Print these Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples below!
- 5 pounds HoneyCrisp and Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- Stir together the dry ingredients: both sugars, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apples and toss the apples until evenly coated.
- In a large measuring cup, stir together the melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour over the apples.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Be careful not to overcook as the apples will look intact but fall apart upon stirring.
- Stir gently prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 ounces Bottle, 1 Count (Packaging May Vary)
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
Calphalon Easy Grip Apple Corer Slicer
Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon, Certified Organic, Vegan | 2.08 oz | Cinnamomum verum J. Presl
OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece,Brown
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel (SCV700SS)