Check out these must try favorite pie recipes! You will find easy pie recipes are a delicious dessert for every season or special occasion throughout the year!
Is there anything more comforting than a freshly baked homemade pie? There’s nothing quite like a piece of freshly baked pie, especially when it’s loaded with your favorite fillings.
From summer picnics to the holiday season these classic pie recipes are a perfect dessert.
Supplies Needed to Make Delicious Pie Recipes
Tips and Tricks For Baking the Perfect Pie
- You’ll want to be sure to handle your flaky pie crust (whether homemade or store bought) as little as possible. The more your pie crust recipe is handled, the tougher your pie crust will get.
- When you are working with your pie dough on your work surface, use as little flour as possible. Over flouring will also toughen up your dough.
- Never forget to vent your top crust. You can cut 2 little slits into the top, use a lattice crust design or even use little cookie cutters to decorate your top of your crust. This will all work to effectively vent your pie.
- Protect your pie crust by either wrapping the edges in aluminum foil or invest in some pie shields. This will keep your pie crust from getting too dark or burnt while baking.
- Bake your pie on the lowest oven rack. Also, be sure to set your pie crust on a preheated baking sheet – leave the baking sheet in the oven as it preheats.
- Always let your pie cool off to room temperature. Be patient my friends! I know your pie recipe looks delicious, but it needs time to rest and set as it cools, a good 2-4 hours should do.
How to Serve Pie
Check out these best dessert recipes!