Check out these must try pie recipes! There’s a pie for every season or occasion throughout the year!
There is nothing better than a big ole piece of pie! It’s just the perfect dessert to me!
One of these days though I will perfect making homemade pie crust. But in the meantime, I will just enjoy the rich, buttery crust that I can buy at the store.
Why does it have to be that pie is just a holiday dessert? I am positive you’ll find a pie for every season or occasion throughout the year! If you think about it. pie is really quite versatile! You can make a filling out of practically any type of fruit, pudding, and more and fill your pie crust with it.
Heck, I even love chicken pot pie! But we aren’t talking about savory pies here, we are talking about sweet dessert pie recipes.
Some tips and tricks to making these pie recipes
- You’ll want to be sure to handle your pie crust (whether homemade or store bought) as little as possible. The more it is handled, the tougher your pie crust will get.
- When you are working with your dough on your work surface, use as little flour as possible. Over flouring will also toughen up your dough.
- Never forget to vent your top pie crust. Trust me, I know what happens when you don’t and it is messy. You can cut 2 little slits into the top, use a lattice design or even use little cookie cutters to decorate your top of your crust. This will all work to effectively vent your pie.
- Protect your pie crust by either wrapping the edges in aluminum foil or invest in some pie shields. This will keep your pie crust from getting too dark or burnt while baking.
- Bake your pie on the lowest oven rack. Also, be sure to set your pie crust on a preheated baking sheet. I just leave the baking sheet in the oven as it preheats.
- Always let your pie cool off. Be patient my friends! I know your pie recipe looks delicious, but it needs time to rest and set as it cools, a good 2-4 hours should do.
How to Serve Your Pie Recipe
I love to serve my pies with a scoop of fresh homemade whipped cream. And depending on the type of pie, a scoop of ice cream. It’s also delicious to sprinkle some cinnamon or sugar on the top as well.
Check out these best dessert recipes!