These Patriotic Whoopie Pies are a delicious and creamy treat for your red, white and blue summer holidays!
Patriotic Whoopie Pies
These Patriotic Whoopie Pies are delicious and easy thanks to being made with vanilla cake mix. I love making cookies out of cake mixes, my favorite being vanilla! If you remember correctly, not too long ago I made these pretty tasty Cake Mix Cookies and let’s not forget our favorite Cherry Dump Cake!
I am telling you everyone is going to just love these Patriotic Whoopie Pies at any of your summertime BBQs, from the beginning with Memorial Day until the end at Labor Day!
How to Make Patriotic Whoopie Pies
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The parchment allows your whoopie pies to get a puffier texture.
Mix together your cake mix, butter and eggs.
Divide your batter among 2 bowls. Add a few drops of red food coloring to one bowl, mixing well. Continue adding food coloring until you get your desired shade of red.
Repeat this process for the blue in the other bowl
Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the parchment paper.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile make your whoopie pie frosting, in a large bowl, mix butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in powdered sugar.
Once your whoopie pies are cooked and cooled, pipe icing onto one cookie of one color and then top with a cookie of another cookie. You want to ice the cookies on the flat side of the cookies.
Then hold the cookies sideways and rotate them onto fun patriotic sprinkles!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese
- red and blue food coloring
- patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, and 2 eggs.
- Divide dough evenly between two bowls.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to one bowl, mixing well. Continue adding food coloring until you get your desired shade of red.
- Repeat this process for the blue in the other bowl
- Drop cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the parchment paper.
- Bake 10-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Once cookies are cooked and cooled, pipe icing onto one cookie and top with another cookie.
- Be sure to flip the cookies over so you have a flat surface on both sides of the icing.
- Hold cookies sideways and rotate to sprinkle with fun patriotic sprinkles. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Star Sprinkles - Red, White, & Blue
- Fancy Sprinkles Vegan Firecracker Sprinkle Blend in Patriotic Red, White, Blue, Silver Sprinkles 4 ounce
- Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - 60 Square Feet
- Good Cook Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Natural Aluminum Commercial Large Classic Cookie Sheet
- Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract