Make this delicious classic ice cream flavor of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe at home. Chunks of Oreo cookies and the creamy texture come together with little effort in under 10 minutes and with just 4 ingredients!
Have you had homemade ice cream? It is by far one of my favorite things to eat and make! The first time I tried my hand at making my own ice cream, I couldn’t believe how much better homemade ice cream tastes!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is my favorite ice cream flavor! And for good reason too! I think a lot of people would agree.
America’s favorite cookie, Oreos, are blended into creamy vanilla ice cream to make the best cookies and cream ice cream recipe. I love to make this recipe quite often throughout the summer time.
Would you believe me if I told you that you can make homemade ice cream with just four ingredients and no fancy electric ice cream maker needed! Satisfy your sweet tooth with a batch of ice cream.
I love that this homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe has no egg yolks, raw eggs and a quick prep time. Creamy ice cream is ready in just a little bit of time.
How to Make the Best Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
What you’ll need from the grocery store:
- sweetened condensed milk
- heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract
- a package of oreo cookies (or a any variety of chocolate sandwich cookies)
The first step is to start off a rich vanilla ice cream base and then we add in the delicious cookies.
Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer in a large bowl.
Mix in the condensed milk and vanilla. That’s your vanilla ice cream recipe.
Put your oreos in a sealable storage bag. Crush them up with a rolling pin, making fine crumbs. You can also do this with a food processor.
Fold in the cookie crumbs into the milk mixture, saving a handful of chocolate cookie chunks.
Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Pour the whole thing into your pan. Top the ice cream with the reserved cookie pieces.
Cover your ice cream mixture with plastic wrap and freeze.
Your ice cream will need a minimum of a couple hours of freezer time.
This delicious recipe is so good in an ice cream cone with chocolate sauce and whipped cream on top of the ice cream.
The next time you pass by the simple store bought ice cream, I hope you decide to pick up the ingredients to make this classic cookies and cream recipe instead!
What ice cream flavors are your favorite? You can find so many of your favorite flavors with these no churn ice cream recipes:
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 box oreo cookies
- In a stand mixer, mix the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Mix in the condensed milk and vanilla. Mix together.
- Put your oreos in a sealable storage bag. Crush them up! This is the fun part!
- Fold in the crushed cookie pieces into the ice cream mixture. Be sure to save a handful of cookies!
- Line a pan with plastic wrap. P
- our the cookies and cream ice cream mixture into your pan.
- Top the ice cream with the reserved crushed cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze your Cookies and Cream Ice Cream for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Contains affiliate links