Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
Happy National Hot Breakfast Month! That’s right, February is known as National Breakfast Month and I am sharing a delicious breakfast staple for you! Buttermilk biscuits are a welcomed site on my breakfast table. Some of our favorites are biscuits and gravy, biscuits and homemade jam or bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. Did you know Buttermilk Biscuits are also super simple to make? What if I told you it took just two ingredients? Yup it’s true!
These freeze so wonderfully too! If you decide to go that route, hold off on the buttering the tops. Let them cool and place the biscuits in a freezer bag. I like to make a big batch of these and freeze them to have ready to go on the weekends. Also, you can use different sized biscuit cutters to make your Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits bigger or smaller depending on your preferences.
Because putting dinner on the table every night can be stressful, I love to serve up breakfast for dinner once a week!
Be sure to serve these homemade buttermilk biscuits with my blackberry jam!
- 2 1/4 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix pancake mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
- On a work surface, sprinkle more pancake mix.
- Knead the dough lightly about 10-12 times.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter.