These air fryer sweet potato fries are crisp and flavorful. They’re quick and healthy too!
When I talk to my friends about eating healthier, one of the biggest issues for most is that they don’t know how to turn their favorite foods into a healthy alternative.
One of my favorites happens to be Sweet Potato Fries. I order them whenever I see them on a menu! To me, they are the perfect side dish!
But, I can assure you they are hardly as healthy as the ones you can make at home. You have to give this recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries a try!
I have seen pre-cut sweet potato fries in almost every supermarket I have been to. However, they are pretty pricey to buy them like that! Just cut peel a large sweet potato and cut it into thin fries.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
To get the recipe started, toss the sweet potato fries in your favorite olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Preheat your airfryer to 400 degrees.
I usually steer away from oven baking during the hot summer months, but the airfryer lets me enjoy my favorite dishes without heating up my home.
Cook your sweet potato fries in a few batches. You never want to overfill your air fryer basket.
They take about 8-10 minutes to fully air fry.
For a sweet addition to the sweet potato fries, you will want to make this delicious Marshmallow Dipping Sauce.
How to Make the Marshmallow Dipping Sauce:
In a small saucepan, add heavy cream and marshmallows.
Stir frequently until the mixture starts to warm and the marshmallows are melted.
Once the mixture begins to simmer, stir in cinnamon and brown sugar, and stir constantly while the mixture simmers for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow the marshmallow sauce to cool slightly, then pour into a small bowl for dipping.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into fries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 of 16oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your AirFryer Oven to 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato fries in the olive oil.
- Cook the fries in 3 batches, careful not to overfill the air fryer.
- Cook the fries in the airfryer for 8-10 minutes, shaking the fries at the halfway point to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add heavy cream and marshmallows.
- Stir frequently until the mixture starts to warm and the marshmallows are melted.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, stir in cinnamon and brown sugar, and stir constantly while the mixture simmers for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the marshmallow sauce to cool slightly, then pour into a small bowl for dipping.
- Serve your air fryer sweet potato fries and dipping sauce immediately.