No one will ever know that this Pistachio Pudding Cake is made with a boxed cake mix! It’s creamy and full of flavor thanks to the pudding mix!
So many of my friends tell me they don’t like baking, because it never comes out right. But guess what? A recipe like this Pistachio Pudding Cake is super easy and I think anyone can make it!
Everyone is going to love how light and moist this cake is. I bet just about no one will realize it’s a boxed cake mix!
It’s a great recipe for potlucks, BBQ’s, holidays like St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas, Easter or even a simple dessert to top off your dinner.
How to make this super simple Pistachio Cake recipe:
Be sure to scroll down to read the full, printable recipe!
1 box White Cake Mix
2 boxes Pistachio Pudding Mix
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line a 9″ x 13″ cake pan. Set aside.
Combine all of the cake ingredients together and beat for two minutes until completely smooth.
Fold the cake batter into the cake pan and smooth down evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
Cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting, combine the Cool Whip and pudding mix until completely combined. Add the milk, as needed, until you achieve your desired frosting consistency.
Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and refrigerate until ready to serve
Top your Pistachio Pudding Cake with some crushed pistachios if you’d like!
How to Store Your Pistachio Pudding Cake
You can leave your cake out at room temperature for a day or two. If you still have cake after that, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
Tips and Tricks to Making this Pistachio Pudding Cake:
- You can use a white or yellow boxed cake mix.
- Be sure to use instant pudding.
- Change your cake up and make it in a bundt cake pan or even as a layer cake.
If you love cake like I do, you will have to try my favorite cake recipes!
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 box Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 8oz Cool Whip
- 1 box Pistachio Pudding
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease and line a 9" x 13" cake pan. Set aside.
- Combine all of the cake ingredients together and beat for two minutes until completely smooth.
- Fold the cake batter into the cake pan and smooth down evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Cool your cake completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the Cool Whip and pudding mix until completely combined. Add the milk, as needed, until you achieve your desired frosting consistency.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and refrigerate your Pistachio Pudding Cake until ready to serve
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pan, Set of 2
Cuisinart CTG-00-SMB Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids, Set of 3
M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange