This Triple Berry Pie is full of sweet berries like strawberries, blackberries and blueberries! Serve it with some vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat!
I absolutely love a fruit pie. If you tried my blueberry pie, this Triple Berry Pie adds more flavor and dimension with the extra berries.
You also might remember, that I just cannot get a homemade pie crust right to save my life, so I like to use a store bought pie crust. Listen, this triple berry pie comes out delicious either way, so do what you know how to do!
You’ll want to serve your pie with some vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
How to Make a Triple Berry Pie
Be sure to scroll down to get the full printable recipe with instructions and ingredients.
You will need:
2 pie crusts to fit a 9″ pie (pre-made or your favorite pie crust recipe)
6 cups of frozen berries (mixture of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries)
an egg white
Step 1: To make the delicious filling of the Triple Berry Pie, you need to start with about 6 cups of berries. You can use fresh or frozen and a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
Step 2: Add the berries to a large stockpot and then add 1/2 cup sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
Step 3: Stir to combine and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the berries start to get bubbly and juicy.
Step 4: Carefully remove about a half a cup of the juice from the stock pot and add it to a bowl. Whisk in 4 tablespoons of cornstarch until smooth.
Step 5: Add the cornstarch bowl back to the pot of berries and add in 4 tablespoons of butter.
Step 6: Stir the berry mixture together, carefully not to mash any berries and simmer about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Step 7: When the berries finish cooking, roll out your pie crust into a nice pie plate. Be sure to butter the bottom of the plate before putting the crust in though.
Step 8: Pour in your berries and then top with the second pie crust. Be sure to make some slits in the top for venting.
Step 9: Brush the top of the pie with an egg white and sprinkle with sugar on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
Step 10: Half way through baking, take the pie out and cover the edges with tinfoil so that they do not burn. Let your pie cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- * 2 pie crusts to fit a 9" pie (pre-made or your favorite pie crust recipe)
- * 6 cups of frozen berries (mixture of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries)
- * 1/2 cup sugar
- * 1 tbsp lemon juice
- * 4 tbsp cornstarch
- * 4 tbsp butter
- * 1 egg white
- * 1-2 tbsp of sugar for top of the pie
- In a saucepan, mix berries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove 1/2 cup of berry juice and add in cornstarch into a separate bowl.
- Mix until cornstarch is dissolved. Add back to the pot of berries.
- Add in butter.
- Bring to a simmer until the berry juice has thickened.
- Butter a pie plate and add the bottom pie crust.
- Pour in berries.
- Top with second pie crust and make slits for venting.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake your triple berry pie at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Half way through take the pie out and wrap the edges with tin foil to prevent burning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.