This Triple Berry Pie recipe is full of sweet berries like strawberries, blackberries and blueberries! This mixed berry pie will quickly become your new favorite pie! Serve it with some vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat!
I absolutely love fruit pies. If you’ve tried my blueberry pie, this Triple Berry Pie adds more flavor and dimension with the extra berries making it the best berry pie.
Triple berry pie is a classic dessert that’s perfect for anytime, but is one of my favorite things to serve at desserts bars on holidays like the fourth of July or Easter desserts.
Either way the end result is one of those great recipes that will quickly become one of your new favorite pie recipes. This Triple Berry Pie is an easy and delicious dessert to make for your family or friends.
While It tastes best with fresh summer berries like fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, blackberries or fresh raspberries, you can substitute for frozen ones when fresh berries are not in season.
The berries in this recipe are a perfect balance of sweet and tart, you’ll get a burst of flavor in every bite!
How to Make a Triple Berry Pie
Be sure to scroll down to get the full printable recipe with instructions and ingredients.
You will need:
- pie dough – store bought or your favorite homemade pie crust recipe
- 6 cups of berries (mixture of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries) – fresh fruit or frozen
- .5 cups sugar
- lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch
- an egg white
Make the Berry Filling
To make the delicious pie filling, you need to start with about 6 cups of berries.
Cook berries in a 2-quart saucepan with the half cup sugar and lemon juice.
Stir to combine and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the berries start to get bubbly and juicy.
Add the cornstarch bowl back to the pot of berries and add in the butter.
Stir the berry mixture together, carefully not to mash any berries and simmer about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Make the Pie
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Start with a floured surface and with a rolling pin flatten your buttery crust.
Place the bottom crust into a buttered 9 inch pie dish.
Pour in your berries and then the top crust.
Be sure to make some slits in the top for venting.
Trim excess dough from the edges. Sometimes I enjoy using a small cookie cutter to make designs for the top of the pie.
Make an egg wash by mixing cold water with an egg white.
Brush the whole pie and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Place the whole thing in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Half way through baking, take the pie out and cover the edges with aluminum foil so that the edges do not burn. When your pie is golden brown remove from the oven and let your pie cool completely to room temperature on a wire rack before slicing.
Serve this easy recipe with some vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
Make sure to print out the recipe below so that you can enjoy it all year long!
- * 2 pie crusts to fit a 9" pie (pre-made or your favorite pie crust recipe)
- * 6 cups of frozen berries (mixture of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries)
- * 1/2 cup sugar
- * 1 tbsp lemon juice
- * 4 tbsp cornstarch
- * 4 tbsp butter
- * 1 egg white
- * 1-2 tbsp of sugar for top of the pie
- In a saucepan, mix berries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove 1/2 cup of berry juice and add in cornstarch into a separate bowl.
- Mix until cornstarch is dissolved. Add back to the pot of berries.
- Add in butter.
- Bring to a simmer until the berry juice has thickened.
- Butter a pie plate and add the bottom pie crust.
- Pour in berries.
- Top with second pie crust and make slits for venting.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake your triple berry pie at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Half way through take the pie out and wrap the edges with tin foil to prevent burning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.