I will never forget the first time I had Key Lime Pie – on our honeymoon in Key West! It seemed like Key Lime Pie was everywhere! I have been making it for several years now and I always use the same recipe.
I recently decided to do something a little different and make the recipe into Mini Key Lime Pies! I love mini desserts because they are perfect for BBQs in the summer or parties. Sometimes when you are faced with the decision of which dessert to enjoy, you want the chance to be able to have a sample of everything!
Mini Key Lime Pies
Throughout the holiday season, I am always using sweetened condensed milk — fudge and pumpkin pie are just a couple of desserts I use it in. Odds are you’re unsure how to use it in the summer months! It’s amazing how with just a few ingredients, Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk can create something so delicious!
- 2 cans Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 oz each
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 mini graham cracker crusts, premade
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- WHISK sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel.
- Pour filling into crusts.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff.
- Top pies with whipped cream.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Best served the same day.