These Cranberry Orange Muffins have a moist center with the crunchiest muffin top! They’re full of flavor thanks to the fresh cranberries and orange zest!
Are you yay or nay when it comes to cranberries? I am YAY! I love them! And I love this Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe!
You will be amazed at how much flavor these Cranberry Orange Muffins have and they are so moist too!
While cranberries are abundant in the fall, I like to buy them when I can still find them in the store. Then I freeze them for when I want to make something like these Cranberry Orange Muffins!
I love making muffins, they are so easy to make! I like to make them early on in the week to have a delicious breakfast or afternoon treat all week long!
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is the orange zest. Besides the burst of flavor it gives to these Cranberry Orange Muffins, the orange zest is so fragrant! It will make your house smell AMAZING!
After you zest the orange, cut the orange in half and juice it. You will need it for the recipe. The orange juice, along with the sour cream or yogurt gives these Cranberry Orange Muffins such a moist consistency!
The batter for these muffins is really thick. There’s no need to defrost your cranberries if they are frozen. I love how each bite of muffin gives you a pop of cranberry!
My Cranberry Orange Muffins recipe makes 12 large, bakery style muffins. If you guys like mini muffins, give that a try!
Check out this entire list of amazing muffin recipes!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Add both sugars to the butter. Scraping the sides down as needed.
- Add the eggs, yogurt or sour cream, vanilla and mix on high for about 1 minute.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat until the batter is fully incorporated.
- Mix in the orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and with a spatula mix together.
- Add the milk and orange juice into the batter. Fold in the cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Fill each liner to the top with cranberry orange batter.
- Bake the cranberry orange muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let your cranberry orange muffins cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Industries Perfect Results Mega Cooling Rack, Black
(2 Pack) Standard Paper Cupcake Liners/Baking Cups, 60-ct/Box
KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Ice Blue
Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan