I cannot be the only one who gets super excited about ripe bananas sitting on the counter, right? The possibilities are endless when it comes to all of the delicious ways you can use them! These Banana Nut Muffins are my go-to muffin recipe.
My kids just love it when I bake Banana Nut Muffins! They’re perfect as a snack after school or a quick breakfast on the go in the morning.
Besides being naturally sweet thanks to the ripened bananas, my banana nut muffins have a lovely crunch to them because of the walnuts.
Banana Nut Muffins
How to make these Banana Nut Muffins:
In a small bowl, mash 3 bananas. Add butter, egg, vanilla and mix to combine. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and fold in the wet ingredients. Don’t forget to fold in the walnuts.
This recipe makes about a dozen muffins. I use a cookie scoop to fill the liners evenly. Top each muffin with a few extra nuts for a tasty crunch on the muffin tops!
Sometimes when my kids are bored, I let them bake and this is an easy recipe for the kids to try their hand at. I like to keep some homemade muffins in my freezer.
Yes, this banana nut recipe freezes great! Just add the muffins to a freezer bag after they’ve cooled off. They’ll keep for about 6 months.
Some of my other favorite muffin recipes include:
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ c. while milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar.
Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts.
Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.
Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
- M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
- Kirkland Signature Walnuts-3lbs
- (2 Pack) Standard Paper Cupcake Liners/Baking Cups, 60-ct/Box
- Nordic Ware Classic Metal 9x13 Covered Cake Pan
- Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop, 2-YEAR Warranty
Don’t forget to pin this post!