These Banana Nut Muffins are our go-to favorite muffin recipe! Not only are they are quick, but they are easy & delicious!
I cannot be the only one who gets super excited about ripe bananas sitting on the counter, right? The possibilities are endless when it comes to all of the delicious ways you can use them! These Banana Nut Muffins are my go-to muffin recipe.
My kids just love it when I bake Banana Nut Muffins! They’re perfect as a snack after school or a quick breakfast on the go in the morning.
Besides being naturally sweet thanks to the ripened bananas, my banana nut muffins have a lovely crunch to them because of the walnuts.
How to make these Banana Nut Muffins:
Be sure to scroll down to get my full recipe with ingredients and instructions.
In a small bowl, mash your bananas.
Add butter, egg, vanilla and mix to combine.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and fold in the wet ingredients.
Don’t forget to fold in the walnuts.
This recipe makes about a dozen muffins. I use a cookie scoop to fill the liners evenly. Be sure to top each muffin with a few extra nuts for a tasty crunch on the muffin tops!
Sometimes when my kids are bored, I let them bake and this is an easy recipe for the kids to try their hand at. I like to keep some homemade muffins in my freezer for a quick snack too.
Can I freeze these Banana Nut Muffins?
Yes, this banana nut recipe freezes great! Just add the muffins to a freezer bag after they’ve cooled off. They’ll keep for about 6 months.
Be sure to check some more of our favorite muffin recipes!
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ c. while milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed.
- Then, fold in the walnuts.
- Fill your muffin pan cups with the batter for these Banana Nut Muffins to about 4/5 full.
- Top the muffins with additional walnuts, if desired.
- Place Banana Nut Muffins in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove Banana Nut Muffins from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan
Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
Kirkland Signature Walnuts-3lbs
(2 Pack) Standard Paper Cupcake Liners/Baking Cups, 60-ct/Box
Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop, 2-YEAR Warranty