For years, I bought frosting. Then I realized it was ridiculously easy to make your own! I absolutely love making buttercream and if you are making a delicious homemade cake, why not make homemade buttercream! Be sure to save or pin this recipe for the very best chocolate buttercream frosting!
This chocolate buttercream recipe is absolutely PERFECT on a chocolate layer cake!
The Very Best Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
It takes a whopping 5 minutes to put this Chocolate Buttercream Frosting together. It takes absolutely amazing on my recipe for the most Decadent Chocolate Layer Cake EVER.
- Mix the butter and cocoa powder in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on low-speed until all of the sugar is combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla extract, if using, to reach desired consistency.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 16-oz. powdered sugar
- 1-2 T. whole milk
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
Mix the butter and cocoa powder in a large bowl until well blended.
Add the powdered sugar and mix on low-speed until all of the sugar is combined.
Stir in milk and vanilla extract, if using, to reach desired consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.