This chocolate chip cookies recipe is a classic! They’re chewy and soft. Perfect with a giant glass of milk!
Is there any other cookie that’s more perfect than classic chocolate chip cookies? Today I am sharing my family’s favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies are chewy. I know it is a preference for some crunchy versus chewy cookies. My son only likes chewy cookies.
Of course, every chocolate chip cookie needs a big tall glass of milk, am I right?
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post where I have a printable recipe with full ingredients and directions.
Here’s what you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheets
- Wooden Spoon
Just a note: for a lot of people their error comes in the baking soda. It’s expired. Make sure you are using fresh baking soda.
Prepare: Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Combine ingredients: In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together softened butter, both sugars, vanilla and until it is nice and creamy. Add each egg, mixing in between. Gradually add your flour mixture.
Bake: Drop by the tablespoon onto your baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes. The edges will be crispy, but the middle still semi-soft.
Cool: Let your cookies cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Can I freeze my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Absolutely! I am always in awe of people who freeze dough. I feel like these kinds of people must have their lives together. So much so, that they can plan ahead for when they want some cookies to make their lives easier.
Here’s how to do it:
Scoop out your cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer. When they are done freezing, put them into a freezer safe ziplock bag until you are ready to bake.
How to Store Your Cookies:
Store your cookies in an airtight container for 3-4 days (if they last that long).
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together softened butter, both sugars, vanilla and until it is nice and creamy.
- Add each egg, mixing in between.
- Gradually add your flour mixture.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto your baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The edges will be crispy, but the middle still semi-soft.
- Let your cookies cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.