Make the most of the colder months by getting outside with this fun winter scavenger hunt! This free printable will have you making some winter memories with your family!
The days are getting shorter and the temperatures are dropping. That can only mean one thing: winter is almost here!
Get ready for some fun with our winter scavenger hunt. This list of items to find will keep you entertained all season long. Happy hunting!
Here is a free printable scavenger hunt that will keep your family entertained and occupied throughout the cold weather. A winter scavenger hunt is a great way to get the family outside and enjoying the season together.
This will quickly become one of your favorite winter activities! With a mix of easy and challenging items, it’s perfect for all ages.
What is a Winter Scavenger Hunt?
A winter scavenger hunt is a fun and festive way to enjoy the winter season. Basically, it’s a game where participants have to find specific items on a list. The items can be anything from common winter objects like snowflakes or icicles, to more creative things like finding someone wearing a Santa hat or taking a picture with a reindeer.
This outdoor scavenger hunt is a great way to get the whole family out on a winter walk and getting some fresh air! Bundle up in warm clothes and your winter gear.
A winter nature walk is the perfect activity to find new discoveries and instill a sense of wonder in the winter weather! You’ll find winter-themed items like snowflakes, pine cones, and icicles.
How to Use this Fun Winter Scavenger Hunt:
- Have the kids take pictures of the items they find. This might be easier for the older kids. Or an adults can take the photos for the younger children and can look through your photos when you get back inside.
- If you have enough adults with you, separate into teams and see who can finish the winter scavenger hunt first.
- This is a fantastic way to do throughout winter break to get the kids into the great outdoors.
- To make it more challenging, set a time limit or see who can find the most items in a certain area.
- Make sure everyone knows when and where to meet back up once they’ve completed the scavenger hunt so there’s no confusion about who won or what happens next.
How to Access the FREE PRINTABLE Winter Scavenger Hunt:
Just click here and print your scavenger hunt as many times as you’d like!
Bring along with some clipboards and pencils with you and head to a local park, on a neighborhood walk, on a walking trail or go right in your own backyard to go on your own winter scavenger hunt! You’ll be looking for scavenger hunt items such as animal tracks of winter animals, boot prints, bare trees and other winter items.
When you get back inside, have some hot chocolate waiting for you.
Download your copy now so you’re ready for those chilly days when cabin fever sets in! This fun activity will be a big hit!
*this post contains affiliate links .