This great recipe for Peanut Butter Chicken is a delicious meal! Serve this flavorful dish over some rice and vegetables for a complete meal.
This easy peanut butter chicken recipe is a delicious dinner recipe that I make quite often. Years ago, my husband was the only one who ate it. Now that my kids are older, they love it too! I love having a recipe on hand that the whole family enjoys.
I love how easy and quick it is to get a meal on the table to create a dish with the best flavors using simple ingredients! My favorite part of this Peanut Butter Chicken recipe is that it is from the pan to the plate in just twenty minutes. That makes it the perfect weeknight meal, an easy recipe with little effort.
What most people love about this dish is that it is like a flavor bomb thanks to the rich peanut sauce. It really is such a great sauce. This recipe is like a Thai Peanut Chicken. We just started really enjoying more Thai food and recipes with Thai flavors.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chicken
Be sure to read the printable recipe card because that is where I have the full recipe instructions, ingredient list and recommended products.
Just simply dice up the chicken into bite size pieces.
In a large skillet, brown the chicken over medium-high heat over a few tbsp oil or sesame oil.
While the chicken is cooking, make your easy peanut sauce in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients: soy sauce, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, olive oil, ground ginger and white vinegar.
When the chicken is done browning, pour your sauce over the cooked chicken.
Coat the chicken with the creamy sauce and simmer on low for a couple minutes.
As the chicken simmers after a couple minutes of cooking, the sauce will thicken.
Top your dish with fresh cilantro or green onions.
Just choose a delicious side dish to round out the meal, such as: Broccoli, Green Beans, Cabbage, Snow Peas, Snap Peas, Thai Cucumber Salad, collard greens or other crisp veggies. The peanut butter sauce is just delicious over some jasmine rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or rice noodles.
Substitutions for Peanut Sauce Chicken
- For the peanut butter, you can substitute with natural peanut butter or almond butter.
- You can swap out the soy sauce for coconut aminos.
- It’s really up to your personal preference, but you can also cook the chicken with diced red bell pepper or bell peppers, lots of garlic or garlic powder, red curry paste, red pepper flakes or a squeeze of lime juice.
- In the summer, we enjoy making grilled peanut butter chicken using the BBQ.
Because this meal ends up being on the heavy side, it does usually leave some leftovers. Good news is that this peanut butter chicken recipe is great as leftovers. You can even warm it up in the microwave or reheat in a pan over low heat. Just refrigerate your healthy dinner in an airtight container.
What other quick and easy meals do you like to cook for your family? Happy Cooking!
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan. Brown chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, make your peanut sauce: whisk together soy sauce, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, remaining olive oil, ground ginger and white vinegar.
- When chicken is browned, stir in sauce and cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is warm.
- Serve Peanut Butter Chicken over white rice.