This 4th of July muddy buddy buddies recipe some tasty treats that are the perfect snack for parties and potlucks! This easy recipe comes together in just minutes.
Looking for a fun, festive Fourth of July recipe? Check out this patriotic muddy buddy recipe!
This patriotic puppy chow recipe is easy to make and comes together in just minutes. You will love the ease of this simple dessert or tasty snack idea!
This patriotic muddy buddies recipe is perfect for any party or potluck. A simple recipe for kids to make, this party snack is always a hit with adults and kids alike!
So gather your friends and get ready to celebrate America’s birthday with some delicious snacks! If you need some more ideas for red white and blue treats try these: patriotic whoopie pies, no bake red white and blue oreo truffles or this easy 4th of July Poke Cake!
How to Make Red White and Blue Muddy Buddies Snack Mix
- 8 cups of Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or white chocolate chips) or you can use 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- red white and blue m&m’s
- large plastic zip-lock bag
To get started making this red white and blue puppy chow recipe melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with the butter.
Microwave for 30 second increments until it is smooth.
In a resealable bag or large mixing bowl, add the cereal and pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal. Shake until evenly coated, you may need to give the coated chex a little stir with a large spoon.
Add the powdered sugar and seal up the bag.
Have fun shaking the bag until all of the cereal is evenly coated.
Mix in the red, white and blue M&M’s to your delicious treat.
Store your 4th of July Puppy Chow recipe in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yes, classic puppy chow and muddy buddies are the same! Both are made with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, and both have a delicious, sweet flavor.
If you are a huge fan of puppy chow recipes like we are, check out some of our favorite puppy chow chex mix recipes:
- 8 cups Chex-type cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate and butter. Microwave for 30 second intervals until it is smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the cereal and pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal.
- Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into a large resealable food storage bag.
- Add the powdered sugar and seal up the bag.
- Have fun shaking the bag until a of the cereal is evenly coated.
- Store your red, white & blue muddy buddies in the refrigerator.
*Contains affiliate links