This Red White and Blue Cupcake recipe is a festive and patriotic cupcake recipe for Memorial Day or 4th of July this summer!
Red White and Blue Cupcakes
‘Tis the season for red, white and blue! How about celebrating with these fun and delicious red white and blue cupcakes?
Whenever we have parties or get togethers, I love to make a dessert table. I just know your Memorial Day or 4th of July party guests are going to LOVE these Red White and Blue Cupcakes too!
My Red White & Blue Cupcake Recipe is just a simple red velvet cupcake recipe. Most think making red velvet is difficult, but guess what? All it is, is a few drops of red food coloring and a tablespoon of cocoa powder!
How to Make Red White and Blue Cupcakes:
Ingredients you will need:
- all purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- buttermilk (or make your own by adding 1 tsbp vinegar to 1 cup milk)
- 2 large eggs
- red food coloring
- white vinegar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- powdered sugar
Start by preheating your oven and lining a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
In a separate bowl, mix together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla
You can make your own buttermilk by stirring 1 tbsp of vinegar into 1 cup of milk.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well until combined.
Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full with red white and blue cupcake batter and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a cupcake.
Red velvet is perfect with cream cheese frosting, so that is just what my Red White and Blue cupcakes are iced with!
While your cupcakes are cooling off on a cooling rack, in a large bowl mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
Slowly mix in powdered sugar until ingredients are combined and frosting is formed.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Add the frosting to your cake decorator or piping bag with an icing tip, and frost the cupcakes.
Top each Red White and Blue Cupcake with some patriotic sprinkles!
More of my favorite Red White and Blue Recipes:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup powered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla
- If you are making your own buttermilk, mix together 1 tbsp to 1 cup buttermilk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar until ingredients are combined and frosting is formed.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting
- Add the frosting to your cake decorator or piping bag with an icing tip, and frost the cupcakes.
- Finish with patriotic red, white, and blue star sprinkles. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Blue Glassine Cupcake Muffine Baking Cups Liners by CK Products
- LJCL Patriotic Star Picks American Flag Toothpicks Cocktail Sticks Unicorn Cupcake Toppers Wrappers - Unicorn Party Supplies,Labor Day,Patriotic Decorations Party Supplies - Red Blue White
- Fun Express - Knextion Patriotic Baking Cups With Pick for Fourth of July - Party Supplies - Serveware & Barware - Misc Serveware & Barware - Fourth of July - 200 Pieces
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkle mix
- Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
- 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan