Discover a world of festive flavors with these Oreo Christmas recipes. From classic cookies to cheesecakes, we’ve got your holiday sweet tooth covered with these Christmas treats.
As the holiday season approaches, it’s time to unwrap the magic of Oreo cookies in delightful Christmas recipes that will leave your taste buds singing carols.
Incorporating Oreos into Christmas baking is a popular choice among home bakers during the festive season.
They provide a satisfying crunch and texture, whether used as a crust or mix-in and Oreos‘ versatility allows for creativity in a wide range of Christmas Oreo recipes, from cookies and bars to truffles and cheesecakes.
Oreo Cookie Christmas Recipes
Oreo Christmas Balls
Indulge in the joy of Oreo truffles, a no-bake delight that combines crushed Oreos with cream cheese, dipped in velvety chocolate. These bite-sized treats are a perfect addition to your holiday dessert table, with their rich and creamy centers. Customize your Christmas Oreo Balls with red and green sprinkles or crushed candy canes for that extra Christmas cheer.
Dreamy Oreo Peppermint Cheesecake
Elevate your holiday dessert game with a dreamy Oreo peppermint cheesecake that marries the beloved Oreo crust with a creamy, peppermint-infused filling. This show-stopping dessert will steal the spotlight at your Christmas dinner.
Peppermint Oreo Bark Cookies
These cookies combine crushed Oreo cookies with peppermint bark pieces for a delightful, minty treat.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Oreo Snowman Cookies
Decorate Oreo cookies to resemble snowmen with frosting and colorful candies for a festive and adorable treat.
Oreo Reindeer Cookies
Oreo Cookie Bars
Oreo Christmas Ornament Cookies
Oreo Christmas Ornament Cookies are festive treats that cleverly resemble hanging tree ornaments. They feature Oreo cookies sandwiched between mini peanut butter cups, topped with a chocolate kiss, and are an eye-catching addition to holiday dessert displays.
Christmas Tree Oreos
Transform Oreo cookies into Christmas tree shapes. The process involves dipping Oreos in green-colored chocolate, adorning them with colorful sprinkles as ornaments, and adding a star sprinkle on top of the tree. These festive treats offer a delightful combination of the classic Oreo flavor with a festive and visually appealing Christmas twist.
- Easy Christmas Cookies
- No Bake Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Easy Desserts Using Oreos
- Can You Freeze Oreos?
How to Make Oreo Decorations?
- You’ll need Oreo cookies (regular or mini), melted white or colored chocolate or candy coating, and various decorations such as festive sprinkles, holiday candies, edible glitter, mini chocolate chips, or colored icing.
- Melt the chocolate or candy melts according to the package instructions in 30 second intervals in a microwave-safe bowl . Be sure to melt them gently and avoid overheating.
- Dip each Oreo cookie partially or entirely into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip off the dipped Oreos.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on your chosen decorations. You can get creative with designs, patterns, or even create themed decorations for holidays or special occasions.
- Place the decorated Oreos on a parchment-lined tray or cooling rack to allow the chocolate to set completely. This may take some time, depending on the thickness of the coating.
- Once the chocolate has set, your homemade treats decorations are ready to serve as festive treats at a holiday party or package as edible gifts for friends and family.
- Decorating Oreos offers endless possibilities for customization and creativity, making them perfect for adding a personal touch to special occasions or holiday celebrations.
Helpful Tips for Making Christmas Cookie Recipes with Oreos
- Use fresh oreos for a better texture and taste in your recipes.
- When crushing Oreos for crusts or mix-ins, aim for uniform crumbs. You can use a food processor or place the cookies in a plastic ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin for consistent results.
- When incorporating crushed Oreos into cookie dough or other batters, mix just until combined. Over-mixing can lead to tough cookies or desserts.
- If your recipe involves melting chocolate for coating or dipping, use a microwave or a double boiler, and be cautious not to overheat, as it can seize or become lumpy.
- If your recipe requires chilling the finished product, be patient and allow enough time for the dessert to set properly in the refrigerator.
- Don’t be afraid to explore different Oreo flavors, such as golden oreos, peppermint oreos or gingerbread, to add a seasonal twist to your recipes.
- Store your Oreo-based treats in an airtight container to maintain freshness and prevent them from becoming stale.
Contains affiliate links as apart of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. See our disclosure policy.