Use one batter to make this rich and creamy Marble Bundt Cake! This cake, made from scratch, will wow your friends and family!
Anyone who knows me can tell you I love bundt cakes. This Marble Bundt Cake really brings back some memories for me. I remember my grandma making marble cake all the time.
I love how the outer edges become crispier than the rest of the cake, but inside is soft and buttery. This cake is a labor of love from scratch.
This bundt cake is made with one batter that is separated to make two flavors: a delicious chocolate mixture and a creamy white batter.
The same process could be achieved using a box cake mix in two flavors. But, sometimes delicious food can take a little bit and is worth the effort. This delicious cake is not much more difficult than making a plain cake.
You can make one of these delicious cakes for birthdays, pot lucks and get togethers, the holiday season or just because! It’s perfect with a cup of coffee or afternoon tea.
How to Make my Marble Bundt Cake Recipe:
If you scroll down, I have a printable recipe for you with ingredients and instructions.
Supplies and ingredients needed: (affiliate links included)
- Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Bundt Pan
- Nonstick Baking Spray or Cake Release
- all purpose flour
- whole milk
- vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs
- 4 sticks softened butter
- granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark or black cocoa
- powdered sugar
Start with room temperature ingredients.
Now that you have all of your ingredients together, let’s get started.
Preheat the oven to 350 and generously spray the Bundt cake pan with the non-stick spray.
Place the eggs (uncracked) in a bowl of warm water for 5 mins.
In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer using a large bowl), cream the butter and sugar for 4-5 mins on medium-high speed.
Add the eggs one at a time (both the egg yolks and the egg whites), allowing each egg to be incorporated fully before adding another.
Combine the flour and salt and add in half of the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
Add in the second half of the dry ingredients and the vanilla. Mix until combined on medium speed. Be sure to scrape down the sides of bowl and bottom of the bowl.
Remove a portion of the batter (about half of the batter) and place in a 16-inch piping bag or large Ziplock bag, this will be your vanilla cake mix.
Add the cocoa powder to the remaining batter and beat until combined.
Add the chocolate cake batter to a separate large Ziplock bag or piping bag.
Snip the corners of the bags, and working in alternating colors, pipe strips of batter into the ridges of the Bundt pan.
Use a rubber spatula to spread the batter all the way up the sides.
Pipe the rest of the batter in alternating patterns of the chocolate batter and the remaining vanilla batter to the center of the prepared bundt pan to create the marble effect.
Place your marble pound cake recipe in the oven. The cake bakes in about 65-75 mins.
You will know when your cake is finished when a cake tester like a skewer or butter knife comes out clean from the center of the cake.
In a small bowl, mix together your glaze ingredients.
Allow the whole cake to cool on a cooling rack for 30 mins before removing from the cake pan. After you let the cake cool, drizzle glaze over it with a large spoon and serve.
Can I use a different type of cake pan?
Yes! This recipe is can easily be switched to a sheet cake pan, or make it into a layer cake with two round cake pans. You could even try a loaf cake or cupcakes! You can use the same techniques as the bundt pan.
Cake variations to try:
- Instead of the dark cocoa powder, go for red velvet! Red Velvet Marble Bundt Cake is a good idea for valentine’s day.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips to the cake batter to make a chocolate chip marble bundt cake.
- Instead of the glaze, make a chocolate ganache with melted chocolate, a chocolate glaze with cocoa powder or chocolate frosting that you can drizzle over your cake.
How to store your Marble Bundt Cake:
To keep your cake fresh, you can wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it on the counter. Or in an airtight container like this bundt cake holder in the fridge. If you love cake like I do, you will have to try my favorite cake recipes!
If you love cake like I do, you will have to try my favorite cake recipes!
- Nonstick Baking Spray
- 3 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs
- 4 sticks of unsalted, room temp butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark or black cocoa (see recommended products)
- To Make the Glaze: 1 cup confectioners sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 and generously spray the Bundt pan.
- Place the eggs (uncracked) in a bowl of warm water for 5 mins.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar for 4-5 mins.
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing it to be incorporated fully before adding another.
- Combine the flour and salt and add in half of the dry ingredients at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Add in the second half of the dry ingredients and the vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Remove half of the batter and place in a 16-inch piping bag or large Ziplock bag.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining batter and beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate batter to a separate large Ziplock bag or piping bag.
- Snip the corners of the bags, and working in alternating colors, pipe strips of batter into the ridges of the Bundt pan.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the batter all the way up the sides.
- Pipe the rest of the batter in alternating patterns to the center of the Bundt pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 65-75 mins.
- Testing with a skewer or knife for doneness.
- Allow it to cool for 30 mins before removing from the cake pan.
- Once cake is completely cooled, another 30 mins, drizzle glaze over it and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Industries Perfect Results Mega Cooling Rack, Black
Pure Vanilla Extract
Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Nordic Ware Bundt Cake Keeper, Plastic, 13 in L X 12 in W X 7 in H, Red
4 Piece Silicone Spatula Set, Flexible Heat Resistant Non-scratch Baking Cooking Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core, Gray
Black Cocoa Powder - 1 Lb
Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Heritage Bundt Pan