This Crab Stuffed Flounder Recipe comes together with a delicious filling reminiscent to crab cakes. Enjoy this dish anytime you want a restaurant quality meal right at home!
My husband and I love a good seafood dinner. Seafood has such a gourmet quality about it that even the simplest recipe, like this crab stuffed flounder recipe, makes you feel like you’re something special.
I’m very lucky to have a husband who loves to fish, so we almost always have fresh fluke fillets. Fluke is what you would find in the summer and flounder in the winter.
The stuffing in this Crab Stuffed Flounder is just a variation of our favorite crab cake recipe, so if you find yourself with leftover filling like I did, give the cakes a try.
Be sure to scroll down to get the full recipe for this crab stuffed flounder recipe!
How to Make Crab Stuffed Flounder:
Ingredients you will need:
1 can lump crab meat
old bay seasoning
salt and pepper
4 tbsp butter
I used to also include a can of tiny shrimp in this recipe, but we’ve decided we since liked Crab Stuffed Flounder better without it. You decide for yourself!
In bowl, mix together mayo, egg and breadcrumbs.
Add in the crab and the juice from half of the lemon.
Mix in the parsley and stir to combine all ingredients.
Butter a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lay the fish flat and add a scoop about a tablespoon size in the center.
In a small bowl, melt 4 tbsp butter. Mix in juice of remaining lemon.
When finished with all fish fillets, brush with melted lemon butter mixture and garnish with paprika over your crab stuffed flounder.
- 6 filets Flounder or Fluke
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 can lump crab meat
- 1 can tiny shrimp
- 1 tsp old bay
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp butter
- paprika for garnish
- 1 tbsp parsley
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, except fish, crab, shrimp and bread crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, add crab and shrimp. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Add in mayo mixture. Add in juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix in parsley.
- Butter a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the fish flat and add a scoop about a tablespoon size in the center.
- Roll fish up and lay seam side down in the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tbsp butter. Mix in juice of remaining lemon.
- When finished with all fish fillets, brush with melted lemon butter mixture and garnish with paprika.
- Bake your Crab Stuffed Flounder for 15-20 minutes until the fish is white and flakey.
Pair this Seafood Stuffed Flounder recipe with a nice bottle of white wine!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.