Celebrate the holidays with family and friends by cooking up some of the best Christmas Dinner Ideas. From traditional favorites to new twists, we’ve got you covered this holiday season.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – the season of giving and eating!
If you are in charge of hosting Christmas dinner this year, you may be feeling a little bit overwhelmed planning your Christmas menu. But don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with some of the best Christmas dinner recipe ideas.
Whether you’re looking for traditional holiday recipes or something a little different, we’ve got you covered. From starters to main courses to impressive Christmas desserts, we’ve gathered some of the best recipe ideas from around the web for you to create the perfect Christmas dinner menu!
So break out your favorite holiday cooking supplies, put on some Christmas music and get ready to deck your Christmas dinner table with these festive dishes.
What to Serve for Christmas
For a traditional Christmas dinner, add these to your holiday table for the whole family to enjoy:
- Christmas hams are always a show-stopper for a holiday meal.
- The classic roasted turkey with herb stuffing is the perfect centerpiece for the holiday dinner table.
- An elegant Rack of Lamb with mint jelly is perfect for an intimate Christmas party.
- If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, why not try a seafood-based Christmas dinner? This could include dishes such as baked salmon, shrimp scampi, or lobster tails with garlic butter.
- No matter what you choose to serve for your Christmas dinner, be sure to include plenty of festive side dishes! Some of our favorites include mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole.
- What would Christmas be without festive cocktails like eggnog? This holiday favorite is perfect for sipping on while cooking or enjoying after your meal around the Christmas tree. Make yours extra special by adding in some rum or bourbon. Have a few bottles of festive red wine and white wine at your holiday party.
- No holiday menu would be complete without some sort of dessert recipe! A selection of festive pies, Christmas cookies, and cakes are always popular choices. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, you could try your hand at making Christmas recipes like a gingerbread cake or a yule log cake.
See Also: Christmas Dessert Recipes | Christmas Desserts with Alcohol | Christmas Finger Foods (perfect for Christmas Eve) | Christmas Cocktail Ideas | Christmas Brunch Ideas
If you’re looking for some additional ideas on what to serve for Christmas dinner, be sure to check out these easy Christmas dinner ideas:
Do you have anything to add to these easy Christmas dinner recipes? Merry Christmas!
Christmas Dinner Checklist – Free Printable!