Copycat dish Carmine’s Chicken Scarpariello, a very simple dish with just a few ingredients, it is full of fragrant and fresh flavor.
One of the first stops on the Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show was at Carmine’s in New York City. Living in the tri-state area all my life, if you could believe it, I had never been to this landmark restaurant!
I was expecting your typical Italian fare, but when the waiter brought out our meals, I was at awe at the beautiful dishes that Wendy, our host, chose for us to enjoy. One of my favorites was Chicken Scarpariello.
While Chicken Scarpariello is a very simple dish with just a few ingredients, it is full of fragrant and fresh flavor. This is the kind of dish you want to pull out and enjoy with a table full of friends and family and a nice bottle of wine.
Don’t forget to pin this Chicken Scarpariello Recipe for later!
- 4 pounds of chicken
- 3 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons + 1 cup Capatriti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Splash of white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Pat dry chicken
- In a large bowl, add chicken, herbs, juice of 2 lemons, 1 cup EVOO, salt & pepper.
- Cover and marinate for 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and shake off herbs.
- In a large saute pan, heat remaining EVOO and add garlic chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook in batches if you need to.
- Turn chicken over when it becomes browned and crusty.
- Remove chicken as they are finished cooking on each side and add to a dish.
- In the same saute pan, leave garlic, add remaining herbs and saute over low heat.
- Add wine and chicken stock and reduce heat.
- Add butter, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour liquid over the top of the chicken.
- Garnish chicken scarpariello with rosemary.