One of the first stops on the Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show was at Carmine’s in New York City. Living in the tri-state area all my life, if you could believe it, I had never been to this landmark restaurant! I was expecting your typical Italian fare, but when the waiter brought out our meals, I was at awe at the beautiful dishes that Wendy, our host, chose for us to enjoy. One of my favorites was Chicken Scarpariello.
While Chicken Scarpariello is a very simple dish with just a few ingredients, it is full of fragrant and fresh flavor. This is the kind of dish you want to pull out and enjoy with a table full of friends and family and a nice bottle of wine.
- 4 pounds of chicken
- 3 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons + 1 cup Capatriti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Splash of white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Pat dry chicken
- In a large bowl, add chicken, herbs, juice of 2 lemons, 1 cup EVOO, salt & pepper.
- Cover and marinate for 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and shake off herbs.
- In a large saute pan, heat remaining EVOO and add garlic chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook in batches if you need to.
- Turn chicken over when it becomes browned and crusty.
- Remove chicken as they are finished cooking on each side and add to a dish.
- In the same saute pan, leave garlic, add remaining herbs and saute over low heat.
- Add wine and chicken stock and reduce heat.
- Add butter, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour liquid over the top of the chicken.
- Garnish with rosemary.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!