My kids are pancake OBSESSED. No really! They eat pancakes EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I am shocked none of them have turned into little flapjacks already! Most conversations go like this: “What do you guys want for lunch?” “PANCAKES!”.
Here’s the issue. They don’t like my pancakes. Nope. Only Aunt Jemina’s frozen pancakes. I’ve bought different brands of all kinds and they can tell immediately.
They’ve eaten me out of house and home this summer and honestly, my cubbards were bare one day. Except for a box of Aunt Jemina pancake mix. I suggested we just make them into muffins and I was shocked to see their faces light up! So now, I can finally just make my own pancake muffins, freeze them and have a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack for my pancake obsessed children.
The recipe is quite simple too and can be found right on the back of your Aunt Jemina box, but if you make your own pancake mix or buy a different brand, here it is:
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- Any of your favorite pancake mixin's - blueberries mini chocolate chips, etc.
Mix ingredients together and let stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken. '
Prehead the oven to 350 degrees.
Fill muffin tins or cups with 2 1/2 tbsp of mix.
Bake until cooked through 12-15 minutes.
My kids like plain pancakes, but this is a great versatile recipe! Mix in your favorite pancake toppings like mini chocolate chips, diced bacon or sausage bits, blueberries, or whatever you can come up with! My daughter likes her’s with just some simple maple syrup.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for Back to School // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pancake Muffins // Momma Lew
- Pizza Dippers for School Lunch // Finding Zest
- Ham and Cheese Bites // We’re Parents
- 115 Healthy After School Snacks Your Kid Will Love // Eating Richly
- French Bread Pizza // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Banana Almond Overnight Oats // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Zucchini Cookies // O’Boy! Organic
- Back to School Lunch: Smiley Face PB&J // My Mini Adventurer