Roasted Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Bacon Recipe
Let me preface this by saying I have never in my life had a brussel sprout. They were my forbidden vegetable. We were in a local market this week though and I couldn’t help but buy a whole bunch of them. I had no idea what I would do with them. After much thought, I figured they couldn’t be much different than cabbage. You’ve probably noticed I don’t have very many side dish or vegetable dishes on here. I don’t really cook a lot of them to be honest. I struggle with how to make them taste delicious or be unique. I had seen similar ideas floating around magazines and pinterest, but when it came to making this recipe, I couldn’t find what I was looking for! So I winged it!
Roast at 375 degrees for 30 minutes on a prepared baking sheet. Toss the mixture every 10 minutes or so to prevent them from sticking and burning.
See how easy? And oh my goodness, so delicious! Next time? I will be doubling this recipe! My husband and I devoured it.
- 1lb brussel sprouts, shredded or thinly sliced
- 6 pieces chopped bacon (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Shred brussel sprouts,
- Toss with remaining ingredients
- Roast at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, tossing the mixture about every 10 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the bowl after coming out of the oven.