I think as parents, we are always struggling to find new ways to get our children to eat their veggies. Mini Chef Mondays has been a great way as the kids are getting hands on with them and are a big part of the decision making process of cooking.
I love the versatility of zucchini. From my favorite zoodles to zucchini bread and more, it is just a delicious vegetable! Once the farm stands open, the kids and I love to visit and pick out our own seasonal produce. That will be a Mini Chef post for sure in just a few weeks. I love to buy the biggest Zucchini we can find!
These zucchini meatballs are now on our list of our favorite things to do with zucchini!
Let’s get to work grating that zucchini up!
After the zucchini is grated, cook it up over medium-high heat to get rid of any excess water. Then add it together with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and eggs.
In an oven proof skillet or on a baking sheet, roll out about a dozen zucchini meatballs (about a golf ball sized). Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce and pasta!
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, I highly recommend you pick one up. They are an investment that will last you years! This is my grandmother’s!
*This recipe was inspired by Skinnytaste!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Cherry Avocado Smoothie Bowl // Courtney’s Sweets
- Zucchini Meatballs // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Lime Ice Pops // Baby Loving Mama
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa // We’re Parents
- Edible Mother’s Day Gifts // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Dessert Tacos // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Perfect for Brunch Blintz Souffle // Vegging at the Shore
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Leather // O’Boy! Organic
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Popsicles // Can’t Google Everything