Memorial Day is a national holiday on the last Monday of May that honors and remembers the brave men and women who lost their lives while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
This day of remembrance is typically celebrated with parades, ceremonies, and outdoor gatherings with friends and family throughout Memorial Day weekend. Finger foods are a popular choice for Memorial Day cookout because they are easy to prepare, portable, and perfect for outdoor settings.
These types of foods allow guests to mingle and socialize while enjoying delicious bites that are easy to eat with their hands. Whether you’re hosting a small family gathering or a larger event with friends and neighbors, Memorial Day finger foods are a great way to bring people together to celebrate and honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
From classic favorites to new and creative recipes, Memorial Day finger foods are a great way to bring people together and enjoy some tasty bites.
Check out our roundup of the best recipes & ideas for the best memorial day appetizers that will feed a hungry group of party guests in no time at all!
Follow these suggestions to ensure that your dishes turn out delicious and crowd-pleasing!
- Make a list of the finger foods you want to prepare and create a grocery list. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you have all the ingredients you need.
- Incorporating fresh, seasonal ingredients in your finger foods can add flavor and make your dishes stand out. For example, use ripe, juicy tomatoes in your caprese skewers or sweet, juicy watermelon in your watermelon feta skewers.
- Choose finger foods that can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving. This will allow you to enjoy the party and not worry about last-minute preparations.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavor combinations and spices to add a unique twist to your finger foods. For example, try adding smoked paprika to your deviled eggs or chili powder to your BBQ sauce.
- Most importantly, have fun with your finger food preparations! Memorial Day is a time to celebrate and honor those who have served our country, so enjoy the company of your loved ones and savor the delicious food.
See Also: No Bake Desserts | Fresh Summer Salads to Serve at Memorial Day Parties | Delicious Recipes using Fresh Strawberries |Memorial Day Cookie Ideas | Memorial Day Desserts | Party Appetizers
How to Present Your Finger Foods:
- Set up a DIY burger bar with all the toppings your guests could want, including lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese, and condiments like ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. You can also offer a variety of burger patty options, like beef, turkey, or veggie burgers.
- Create a charcuterie board with various finger food options, such as meats, cheeses, crackers, fruits, and nuts. You can add a patriotic touch to your board by arranging the food in the shape of an American flag.
- Arrange your skewered finger foods on a platter or stand for easy grabbing. You can also add a decorative touch by wrapping your skewers in festive ribbon or tying them together with twine.
- Set up a snack station with bowls of potato chips, tortilla chips, popcorn, and other finger foods for guests to munch on throughout the day. You can also include creamy dips like guacamole, salsa, and hummus for guests to dip their chips in.
- Don’t forget about dessert! Create a dessert display with sweet finger food options like brownies, cookies, and fruit skewers.
- Be sure to choose the right beverages to serve with your Memorial Day finger foods. Some of our favorite beverage pairings are iced tea, homemade lemonade, beer, wine or summer cocktails like margaritas or sangria. No matter which beverage pairing you choose, be sure to serve them chilled and in festive glasses or pitchers to add to your Memorial Day celebration.
- Don’t forget – presentation is key when it comes to finger food so be creative when displaying your dishes at your party – think about different ways to arrange each item or use skewers or toothpicks for easy-to-grab bites that look impressive all at once!
Delicious Memorial Day Recipes for Finger Foods
*Contains affiliate links