This Macaroni Salad Recipe will become a go-to favorite side dish for any occasion! Made with elbow macaroni, celery, carrots and a few secret ingredients, it easily comes together.
My love for Macaroni Salad began as a child. There was nothing I loved more than family BBQ’s where my Aunt made the Macaroni Salad. Do you have any memories like this that revolve around a loved one’s recipe?
In my humble opinion, there is no store bought Macaroni Salad that would ever compare to the homemade version.
This Macaroni Salad recipe is the perfect make ahead option too, since it needs some time to marinate to let the flavors meld together.
How to Make Macaroni Salad
Be sure to scroll down to get the full printable recipe!
Here is what you will need:
macaroni noodles (4 cups cooked)
red bell pepper
apple cider vinegar (can use white or red wine vinegar)
sweet green relish
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Do not rinse after draining.
In a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your personal preferences.
Add the cooked macaroni, stir well to coat, and then mix in the chopped vegetables.
Place the salad in the fridge for an hour to let the flavors marinate.
Some great recipes to serve this Macaroni Salad recipe with:
How long will macaroni salad last?
You can keep your macaroni salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
More great sides to serve along with Macaroni Salad:
- Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups dry macaroni noodles (4 cups cooked)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced (green parts only)
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (can use white or red wine vinegar)
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons sweet green relish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Do not rinse after draining.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your personal preferences.
- Add the cooked macaroni, stir well to coat, and then mix in the chopped vegetables.
- Place the macaroni salad in the fridge for an hour to let the flavors marinate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.