This is the easiest hard apple cider bread recipe you will ever make with plenty of fall flavor. The ingredients are simple and it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Perfect for fall baking!
Is there anything that says “autumn” like the smell of fresh-baked bread? This hard apple cider bread is a delicious way to welcome in the fall season. It’s great flavor will make it one of your favorite recipes!
Cider bread is a type of quick bread recipe that is made with hard apple cider. It is a popular choice for fall baking, as the cider adds a touch of sweetness and spice to the bread.
Cider bread has a light and airy texture, with a subtle sweetness from the apples.
The recipe is easy to follow and can be made in just a few hours, making the whole house smell amazing. There are no yeast or eggs in this easy recipe, so it’s perfect if you’re short on time but still want something tasty coming out of your oven!
How to make Hard Apple Cider Bread
Be sure to scroll down to get the full printable recipe!
You will need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- baking powder
- 1 bottle of Hard Apple Cider such as Angry Orchard
- shredded mozzarella (or any other cheese of your choosing,)
- onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add hard apple cider and mix ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
Mix in cheese and onion powder.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Brush the top with the melted butter.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
Be sure to allow enough time for the bread to cool completely to room temperature before slicing.
Hard Cider bread is best served fresh and warm from the oven, but it can also be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Want a different flavor in your homemade bread? Try adding some extra spices or changing up what type of cheese you use for something more flavorful!
This Hard Apple Cider Bread Recipe is delicious with:
Dice up the bread, then dip it in a cheese sauce, spinach artichoke dip or other dips or soups to enjoy your meal!
*Contains affiliate links as an amazon associate.
- * 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- * 3 tbsp sugar
- * 2 tsp baking powder
- * 1 tsp salt
- * 1 12 oz. bottle of Hard Apple Cider
- * 6 oz. + 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or any other cheese of your choosing,)
- * 1 tbsp onion powder
- * 1 tbsp melted butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add hard apple cider and mix ingredients together.
- Mix in cheese and onion powder.
- Spread mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Brush the top with the melted butter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - 60 Square Feet
M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
Rachael Ray 47963 Yum-o! Bakeware Oven Lovin' Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9-Inch by 5-Inch Steel Pan, Gray with Marine Blue Handles