This Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe is one of the easiest recipes! Made with just 3 ingredients and you have a dessert that’s perfect for weeknights or get togethers alike!
Are you looking for an easy dessert recipe that’s delicious and crowd-pleasing? Look no further than this strawberry dump cake! All you need is a few simple ingredients, and you can have this sweet treat ready in no time.
This delicious dessert is perfect for any occasion – from a summer BBQ to a birthday party. So why not give it a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
Dump cakes are some of the easiest dessert recipes! They are a delicious way to use cake mixes.
This easy dump cake recipe is made with simple ingredients and is the perfect dessert – a can of strawberries, strawberry cake mix and butter. Just dump all the ingredients into a baking dish and bake – no mixing or stirring required. The cake is moist and flavorful, with a delicious strawberry flavor.
I love the taste of strawberry pie filling. It reminds me of the topping of a cheesecake! Many of my friends have said this recipe reminds them of a delicious strawberry cobbler. If you are looking for more strawberry desserts try these easy recipes!
The best thing about this no fuss dessert is there is no need to make a mess with a mixing bowl or a slow cooker or instant pot to make a great recipe. You just need a cake pan!
How to Make a this Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
Be sure to scroll down a little bit to the recipe card, where I have full instructions and ingredients for you!
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Strawberry Cake Mix
- 2 sticks of melted butter or 2 sticks of thin slices of butter
- 2 cans of strawberry pie filling
- Fresh sweet strawberries for garnish
- vanilla ice cream
- a baking dish
Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
Spoon the strawberry filling into the bottom of the casserole dish.
Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pie filling.
Pour the melted sticks of butter over the top of the cake mix. Or slice butter and scatter it on top of cake mix. Don’t worry about the dry spots, the butter will melt covering the whole thing.
Top the dump cake with slices of fresh berries.
Bake until your dump cake is bubbly and cooked, about 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven to 350 degrees f.
If you would like to add cinnamon sugar or vanilla extract to your cake mix, it’s my favorite way to add some more flavor to one of my favorite recipes. If you would like to try out a strawberry cheesecake dump cake, you can spread softened cream cheese over the strawberry filling.
What should I top my Strawberry Shortcake Dump Cake with?
The whole family loves to enjoy this amazing recipe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream, homemade whipped cream or cool whip. I just love the flavor combination of the crumbly topping with a scoop of ice cream on top of the cake.
How should I store this recipe?
Cover your dump cake with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container. Store the whole yummy cake in the refrigerator for a few days.
When we want to have a quick dessert, we scoop out some into a microwavable bowl and heat up the dump cake at 30-45 seconds.
What if I can’t find Strawberry Cake Mix?
I have heard from some that grocery stores don’t always have the strawberry cake mix. It’s ok! You can also use a box of yellow cake mix or a box of white cake mix. I am sure it will be a delicious cake nonetheless! The can of strawberry pie filling has enough sweetness and strawberry flavors to make up for it.
More Dump Cake Recipes that are family favorites for you to try!
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- A can of peach pie filling is perfect to make a Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Dump & Bake Blackberry Cobbler
If you are looking for easy cake recipes, try my favorite cake recipes!
- 1 box of Strawberry Cake Mix
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 2 cans of strawberry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Spray a 8x8 Casserole Dish with non-stick spray or grease with butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Spoon the pie filling into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the strawberry pie filling.
- Pour the butter over the top of the cake.
- Top the dump cake with slices of fresh strawberries.
- Bake until your strawberry shortcake dump cake is bubbly and cooked, about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve your strawberry dump cake warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
*Contains affiliate links.