The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
This post was sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts as part of a Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
We’ve spent January jump starting a brand new year and as usual we’ve been working on making little commitments to ourselves. This weekend, we had a major winter storm and well, we all know what snow days usually offer – comfort food and baked goods.
When the storm was over, many of our friends and neighbors were outside in the cold shoveling out their cars and our sidewalks. I let everyone know they were welcomed into our home for some hot coffee and cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes and coffee though! We enjoyed Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee and because well it is the new year, we baked up some of Hungry Girl’s Vanilla Cupcakes.
How awesome is it to indulge without the guilt?
There is something really special about opening up your house to people you may not normally speak to on a daily basis. Hungry Girl’s Vanilla Cupcakes were a huge hit. You will have to try them yourself!
- 1¾ cups moist-style yellow cake mix
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Sprite Zero (or another diet lemon-lime soda), room temperature
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup liquid egg whites or (about 4) raw egg whites
- To make the frosting:
- 1¼ cups Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 1½ tbsp. Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix with baking powder and stir. Add soda and vanilla extract, whisk until batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until fluffy, about 1 - 2 minutes. Gently mix egg whites into the cake batter until thoroughly combined.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups and evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Combine Cool Whip with pudding mix in a bowl, and mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, top each with the frosting.
Find the full recipe from Hungry Girl HERE. To help celebrate the new coffee flavor and sweeten things up, Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) has created simple recipes and tips for you to try!
The Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee lets you have your cake and drink it too in the New Year! Now available in supermarket aisles nationwide, Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee is the perfect treat for any guilt-free occasion. Find your local retailer on the Dunkin’ Donuts website here.
How would you enjoy the NEW Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Fresh Guacamole Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe // Momma Lew
- Best Banana Crumb Muffins // Baby Loving Mama
- Raspberry Chocolate Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Sofia the First Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Alphabet Kids Snacks A is for Ant // Eating Richly
- Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Kid-Friendly Chicken & Broccoli Quesadilla // Step Stool Chef
- Brussels Sprouts Chips // Vegging at the Shore
- How A 2 Year Old Can Help in the Kitchen // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- 5 Food Art Ideas for Kids // O’Boy! Organic
- Mini Pizza Tacos // Can’t Google Everything