Pumpkin Roll Recipe
There is nothing tastier than pumpkin and then add some cream cheese frosting and you have heaven! Pumpkin Rolls to me are heaven. You might think they look intimidating. But let me tell you they are easy as can be! I am a big fan of Libby’s pumpkin and their recipe for Pumpkin Rolls is the best I have found, right after homemade of course!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan and then line it with wax paper.
- Grease wax paper and then flour lightly.
- Combine in a small bowl:
- 3/4c flour – To make Gluten Free use the same amount of GF Flour + 1/2 tsp of Xantham Gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat 3 large eggs and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until thick.
- Beat in 2/3 cup Libby’s pumpkin
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Immediately after removing from the oven, loosen the cake onto a kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar (be generous). Carefully remove your wax paper.
- Roll up the cake and towel together, starting with the narrow end. Let the cake cool on a cooling rack.
While your cake cools, make your cream cheese frosting! This is my go-to cream cheese frosting recipe and besides using it for the Pumpkin Roll Recipe, I also use it on my carrot cake and red velvet cakes.
Mix together, 1 8oz block of softened cream cheese, 6 tbsp of softened butter, 1 tbsp of vanilla and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Carefully unroll your cake and frost. Roll it right back up and trim off each end to be even. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.