Out of bread? Get a delicious fresh loaf of bread on the table in just one hour with this one hour bread recipe!
One Hour Bread Recipe
When my son was in Kindergarten he come one day asking to bake bread. He was so excited about it! They had read a book in school that day all about baking bread and it got him really interested. I searched for a really long time though to actually find the book he was talking about! After a long search, we finally found it: Bread Comes to Life.
For a lot of people, bread can be intimidating. But it’s actually very easy (and fun).
There is nothing better than dipping a piece of fresh warm bread in a bowl of soup or in the morning as french toast. And sometimes homemade bread is SO good you don’t want anything but butter or jam on it!
How to make bread in under one hour!
To get started, mix salt, honey and yeast with warm water.
Let that sit for 5-10 minutes so that the mixture becomes foamy on top.
In a large bowl, add the yeast mix with all-purpose flour.
Start kneading the bread and add more and more flour as needed.
Your goal is to get the flour to no longer stick to your fingers.
Form the bread into a loaf and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let it rise on the counter for at least 15 minutes.
Bake 30-40 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Let cool and ta-da!
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 3-4 cups of all-purpose flour
- Mix 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp honey and 1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast with 1 1/2 cups of warm water.
- Let that sit for 5-10 minutes so that the mixture becomes foamy on top.
- Add mix to 3 cups of flour and knead until the dough sticks to itself.
- Add more flour as needed.
- Shape into a loaf and let rest to rise for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake 30-40 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.