Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments
The holidays are my favorite time of the year to get crafty. Now that my kids are getting older, it is even more fun to get them involved in projects too! This week’s Mini Chef Mondays recipe is actually one that is inedible on purpose! These Applesauce Cinnamon ornaments are super fun to make with the kids and make some fun gifts to give to friends, teachers and family members.
We are all really enjoying participating in these Mini Chef Mondays link ups. I feel like the kids are learning some valuable skills, including working together better.
I promise you that it is super easy and cheap to make Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments! You will need:
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups cinnamon
- parchment paper
- cookie cutters
Next, place your dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out!
Place the cut out the ornaments on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 2 hours on 200 degrees. Just be sure to watch them to make sure they aren’t burning. Cool on a rack.
I am finding that my Mini Chef Mondays posts are a huge lesson in patience for myself. They are allowing me to let go of perfection and control and that is a good thing!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies // Courtney’s Sweets
- Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls // Baby Loving Mama
- Christmas Inspired Rice Krispie Treats // We’re Parents
- Creamy & Crunchy Chicken Crescents // Frugal Novice
- Asian Pork Belly Bean Soup Recipe // Eating Richly
- Grinch Green Hot Chocolate // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Cheese Blintzes with Strawberry Sauce Like Your Grandmother Made // Vegging at the Shore
- Gourmet Potatoes // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Gingerbread Pancakes // O’Boy! Organic
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies! // Can’t Google Everything
Be sure to follow our Mini Chef Mondays Pinterest Board for more inspiration! Follow Courtney Lopez’s board Mini Chef Mondays on Pinterest.