These easy-to-make ice cream cone bird feeders are perfect for any backyard, and they’re a great activity for bird lovers!
Looking for a fun and easy bird feeder craft? Why not make an ice cream cone bird feeder! This is a great way to get the kids involved in nature, and it’s also a lot of fun to watch wild birds feast on your creation.
These easy-to-make ice cream cone bird feeders are perfect for any backyard, and they’re a fun project for the kids of all ages (and the adults too)!
Homemade bird feeders are a fun winter activity in the cold winter months or the perfect activity to do during a weekend of showers.
All you need is a few simple supplies, and you can be on your way to creating a beautiful feeding station for your feathered friends.
How to Make an Ice Cream Cone Bird Feeder Craft
You will need:
Carefully cut the top of the ice cream cone (the pointed end of the ice cream cone) to create an opening just large enough for a piece of twine to get through.
Coat the outside of the cone with a thin, even layer of peanut butter using craft sticks or a butter knife.
Pour the bird seed onto a paper plate or bowl.
Roll the cone into the bowl of bird seed.
Cut a piece of string to a desired length, tie a knot in the bottom half of the cord.
Slide the cone down, wide side down, over the cord and let the cone rest on the knot.
Tie a loop at the top for hanging.
Hang your feeder from a tree branch or window sill and wait for the feathered guests to arrive.
Wonderful Ideas for Easy Bird Feeders & Bird Activities
- ice cream sugar cones
- jute cord
- peanut butter
- butter knife
- Carefully cut the tips off of your ice cream cones, creating an opening just large enough for the jute to get through.
- Coat the cones with a thin, even layer of peanut butter.
- Roll the cone in bird seed.
- Cut a piece of jute cord to a desired length, tie a knot in the bottom half of the cord.
- Slide the cone down, wide side down, over the cord and let the cone rest on the knot.
- Tie a loop at the top for hanging.
- Place your sugar cone bird feeder outside for your bird friends.