This Watermelon Pizza Recipe is the perfect way to make an easy summer dessert. A slice of watermelon is topped with cream cheese frosting and your favorite fruit!
This watermelon pizza slice is such a great summertime dessert! It’s a refreshing snack and a great way to cool off on a hot summer day! This recipe combines two of my favorite things: easy recipes and the sweet flavor of juicy watermelon.
I know in the summer, I don’t want something heavy like cake, so a watermelon pizza is great when you have a sweet tooth, but want something light!
And of course, the fact that this dessert is a no bake dessert is a win!
This is a delicious way to enjoy fruit with brunch recipes, when you want a summery treat on a hot day, something special for someone on special diets, or even as a fun way to enjoy a healthy breakfast or healthy dessert.
This watermelon pizza is topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. But if you want to change it up and make something a little lighter, feel free to swap it out with some vanilla greek yogurt , fruit dip, coconut cream or make some homemade whipped cream!
How to Make a Watermelon Fruit Pizza:
Be sure to scroll down to get the full recipe!
- 2 thick slices seedless watermelon
- cream cheese, room temperature
- powdered sugar
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- milk chocolate chips
- coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Fresh fruit for decorating: kiwi, fresh berries like a cup strawberries, fresh blueberries
Let’s make the watermelon pizza!
In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
Prepare the fruit for decorating the pizza. Make sure fruit is washed, dried, and sliced (if needed).
Pat the watermelon slices with a paper towel to help the cream cheese mixture stick. Use a ripe watermelon and with a sharp knife cut thick rounds from the center of the watermelon. Place your rounds slice on a serving platter.
Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over the watermelon slices. Decorate as desired with fruit.
Melt milk chocolate chips with coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well. Drizzle over fruit. Garnish with mint leaves.
Refrigerate your watermelon pizza until ready to serve, as it’s best if served immediately. When you are ready to serve, you can cut your round slice into watermelon wedges aka: pizza slices.
Variations of this Watermelon Pizza:
This recipe is so versatile and in the summer we go through so much fruit! Here are some other things you can add to the top of your own watermelon pizza:
- Chopped or slivered almonds or macadamia nuts
- Toasted or unsweetened coconut
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pitted cherries
- Any of your favorite berries: Raspberries or blackberries
- Fresh mint
Looking for more recipes for dessert pizza?
- 2 thick slices seedless watermelon
- 1 (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Fruit for decorating: kiwi, strawberries, blueberries
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Prepare the fruit for decorating the pizza. Make sure fruit is washed, dried, and sliced (if needed).
- Pat the watermelon slices with a paper towel to help the cream cheese mixture stick.
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over the watermelon slices.
- Decorate as desired with fruit.
- Melt milk chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Drizzle over fruit.
- Refrigerate your watermelon pizza until ready to serve.
- Best if served immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Domino Confectioners 10-x Powdered Sugar, 1 Pound Box (Pack of 2)
Watermelon Slicer 15'' Large Stainless Steel Fruit Melon Slicer Cutter Peeler Corer Server for Home
KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - 60 Square Feet