Your kids and whole family will be a huge fan of these delicious strawberry banana muffins! Use up your ripened bananas and add a twist of fresh flavors with fresh strawberries for a great breakfast every single time.
On Sundays, I love to make a batch of muffins for the kids to snack on throughout the week. These healthy strawberry banana muffins have become a real family favorite recently! I am positive your family will love them just the same! Strawberry season is my favorite time of year, fresh juicy strawberries are just one of my favorite things. But of course, you can pick up strawberries at the grocery store too.
Read on to find out how easy this strawberry banana muffin recipe is. They’re a perfect way to get kids to eat fresh fruits and are always getting rave reviews.
This recipe is perfect to bring to good friends. Muffins are classified as what is known as quick breads and are a great way to get a quick breakfast on the table. Muffins are a nice change from your favorite breakfast every now and then.
These delicious strawberry muffins have a soft texture, a delicious banana flavor, no added sugar or vegetable oil. Strawberries and bananas go hand in hand. Transform strawberry banana bread into a muffin form with this recipe or enjoy strawberry banana smoothies with some greek yogurt.
How to make this easy recipe for Strawberry Banana Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins
- All purpose flour or whole wheat flour if you prefer
- baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- room temperature eggs
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
Start by preparing your muffin pan with muffin liners or paper liners
Wash your strawberries and dry with paper towels.
In a medium bowl, add your mashed banana, set aside
In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and brown sugar until it has a fluffy texture, add in vanilla and eggs and mix again.
Add in your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until you have incorporated all of your ingredients.
Stir your banana into the muffin batter.
Fill your muffin cups up about 3/4 full.
Add 4-5 fresh berries to the tops of the muffins.
Bake for 15-18 minutes until you have golden muffins on top. You will know when your muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin.
Warm muffins on a wire rack for a few minutes to cool.
To keep your muffins fresh, wrap in plastic wrap or keep in an airtight container.
If you’d like you can add maple syrup, peanut butter or chocolate chips to your batter.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, (mashed)
- 1 cup strawberries, (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mix again
- Slowly begin adding the dry ingredients, mixing well between each addition.
- In another bowl, mash up your bananas with a fork. Stir those into your batter.
- Line a muffin tin with liners, and fill the cups about 3/4 full.
- Add 4-5 strawberry pieces to each cup.
- Bake your strawberry banana muffins for 15-18 minutes until the muffins begin to turn golden brown on top.