Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 Oven Roaster Chicken
- 3 qts Chicken Broth
- 6 carrots , (peeled & chopped)
- 4 Celery, (chopped, leaves too)
- 3 onions , (peeled & chopped)
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups egg noodles
- To make the stock: In a large stockpot, cook chicken & chicken broth over medium heat. Add bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, parsley. Add extra water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is falling off of the bone. Remove the chicken to a bowl and strain the broth into a new pot.
- Remove skin and bones from the chicken, cut meat into pieces.
- In the large pot with the reserved broth in it, add chicken, onion, carrots, celery, remaining parsley, salt & pepper to taste. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Add egg noodles and cook an additional 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.