Looking for a sweet snack that is also healthy? Look no further. This Easy Muesli Bar recipe contains the goodness of oats and plenty of fiber. I love that these Muesli Bars are a snack that can power you through the most busiest (or hungriest) of days!
Muesli Bars are a quick and easy snack that can be whipped up in no less than twenty minutes. The ingredients are minimal, and always on hand in the pantry.
In fact, there are only six ingredients in this muesli bar, so when at a loss for a quick snack, this easy muesli slice can come to the rescue.
It’s also super versatile, so feel free to swap ingredients in and out to what you have on hand or what you are desiring!
Easy And Healthy Muesli Bar Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Add Healthy Grains and Favorite Dried Fruits to Your Muesli Bar. Muesli bars have always been enjoyed as a lunch box treat, or simply as a snack to keep on hand.
I even love to crush them up and serve over yogurt. Be creative and use this recipe as a basic spring board from which to make a more individual style muesli bar.
Most of the recipe relies on oats, mixed dried fruit, dried coconut and sugar. The great thing about muesli bar recipes is that you can change the ingredient list to suit your tastes. Feel like some dates in there? Go right ahead. Or why not go for a muesli slice full of dried apricots?
The health benefits of whole grains are well documented, so be adventurous and add some healthy grains into the mix.
How to make this Easy and Healthy Muesli Bar recipe
What you will need:
- Baking pan
- Parchment Paper
- Rolled Oats
- Honey, Maple Syrup or Agave
- Dried Fruits and Coconut
- Additional ingredients like: unsalted almonds, banana chips, vanilla extract, sunflower seeds, pepitas
Pin this Easy And Healthy Muesli Bar Recipe!
- 1 ½ cups of mixed dried fruit (dates, dried apricots, cranberries)
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of dried coconut
- ½ cup honey, maple syrup or agave
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- Extra mix ins: Feel free to also mix in a little bit of unsalted almonds, banana chips, vanilla extract, sunflower seeds, pepitas
- 1. In a large mixing bowl place the mixed dried fruit, oats, coconut and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients well together.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. When melted, add the butter and honey to the dry ingredients and work through with a wooden spoon.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread out the muesli bar mixture and pat down firmly.
- Bake in an over pre-heated to 350 degree oven for approximately thirty to forty minutes, or until the muesli is beginning to turn golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for twenty minutes.
- Once cooled, place the muesli tray in the fridge and allow to chill.
- Once your muesli bar recipe has chilled, remove from the fridge and cut into slices or squares.
- Put the muesli bar slices away in a sealed container, jar or wrap each in plastic wrap and enjoy at leisure.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.