Easy DIY to make Tissue Paper Flowers! They’re perfect for kids to make for an easy gift! Get the full printable instructions!
Now I am making them with my own kids! My daughter loves making them for her friends or for gifts for loved ones!
This makes a great spring craft for a rainy afternoon or weekend. Be sure to scroll down to check out my easy DIY!
- Tissue paper in various colors
- pipe cleaners, green
- cup, to make circle
- Layer your tissue paper together. We played around with different amounts and discovered that anything from 8-12 layers of tissue paper made a pretty flower.
- Using your cup as a guide, trace a circle onto your tissue paper and cut it out, through all your layers of tissue paper. It doesn’t have to be perfect, so don’t worry about that.
- With the tip of your scissors, carefully make 2 small holes in the center of your tissue paper circle.
- Insert one end of your pipe cleaner into the first hole and loop it down into the second hole.
- Twist it around itself to secure your tissue paper circles onto you pipe cleaner. This is going to be your flower and your stem!
- Now onto making our flower.
- Scrunch up the first layer of your tissue paper at the base where it connects to your pipe cleaner.
- Keep doing this for each layer, sort of turning as you go so each layer is scrunched together at different angles. Your tissue paper flower is complete! You can make leaves too if you’d like.
- To make the leaves just take another pipe cleaner and cut it into 2 pieces. Twist each piece onto the pipe cleaner stem and shape into a leaf like so.