Add these Christmas Drawing Ideas to your Christmas activities this year! These simple Christmas Drawings are free to print and a great way for kids of all ages to use their imagination during the holiday season!
Kids will love to draw and color with these creative Christmas drawing ideas. Christmas drawings are great for keeping everyone occupied this time of the year.
Take part in these fun christmas drawing ideas while waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, before dinner on Christmas day, or as a family activity during the holidays.
They make great gift ideas too!
Drawing with kids is a wonderful way to bond with them during the holidays! Spend some quality time this winter break with your kids by sending them on an artistic journey through these Christmas Drawing Challenge cards!
Our Christmas Drawing Challenge is perfect for adults who love drawing as much as kids do, no matter what your skill level is, this fun project is a great idea!
What Are Some Christmas Drawing Ideas?
Creating Christmas drawings is a delightful way to embrace the holiday spirit. Here are some Christmas drawing ideas to spark your creativity:
- Festive Ornaments: Sketch or paint intricate Christmas ornaments, either as standalone pieces or hanging from a tree branch.
- Winter Wonderland: Illustrate a serene winter landscape with a snow-covered village, pine trees, and a starry sky.
- Santa Claus: Draw a jolly Santa Claus with his red suit, white beard, and a sack full of gifts.
- Reindeer: Capture the charm of Santa’s reindeer, especially Rudolph with his glowing red nose.
- Christmas Trees: Experiment with different styles of Christmas trees, from classic to modern, and decorate them with lights and ornaments.
- Holiday Wreath: Create a detailed drawing of a festive wreath adorned with pinecones, berries, and a big red bow.
- Gingerbread House: Illustrate a whimsical gingerbread house with candy cane pillars, gumdrop windows, and icing details.
- Christmas Cards: Design your own Christmas cards with personalized illustrations and heartfelt messages.
- Holiday Characters: Draw beloved holiday characters like Frosty the Snowman, the Grinch, or the Nutcracker.
- Candles and Lights: Depict the warm glow of Christmas candles or the twinkle of fairy lights.
- Gift Wrapping: Illustrate the art of gift wrapping with beautifully decorated presents and ribbons.
- Christmas Stockings: Create charming stockings hanging by the fireplace, ready to be filled with surprises.
- Christmas Cookies: Draw a plate of intricately decorated Christmas cookies, a fun and tasty subject.
- Nativity Scene: Recreate the nativity scene with Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, angels, and the wise men.
- Holiday Food: Illustrate a festive holiday feast.
- Snowflakes: Explore the intricate world of snowflake patterns and designs.
- Holiday Pajamas: Draw a cozy scene of people in their holiday pajamas, gathered around a warm fireplace.
- Elf Workshop: Imagine Santa’s bustling workshop with busy elves crafting toys.
- Christmas Village: Create a charming Christmas village with cozy cottages and twinkling streetlights.
- Peace and Joy: Illustrate the essence of Christmas by depicting themes of peace, joy, and togetherness.
Remember, the best Christmas drawing ideas are the ones that bring you joy and capture the magic of the holiday season. So, pick a theme that resonates with you and let your creativity shine.
You will find easy step by step instructions how to use this free printable.
We’ve got everything from simple gift tags, to more difficult projects like drawings of Santa’s sleigh! You will find all kinds of ideas such as: a holiday wreath, a Christmas star, gingerbread men, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, a Santa hat, Candy Canes and much more!
How to Access the Christmas Drawing Challenge Cards:
How to Use These Holiday Drawing Ideas:
Use these free printables for a creative activity:
- There are enough cards for every day of the month of December. So, you can have the kids to do 1 picture a day. It’s always fun to go back and look at the previous drawing.
- Create draw game sheets by putting them in a bowl or a bag and blindly choose a card and then draw it. This is fun for a large group!
- Playing drawing games. Choose a card for each child and then the parent is the judge who did it best.
Kids can use their beautiful drawing for Christmas gifts, as a homemade Christmas card, apart of your Christmas decorations, as Christmas ornaments and any other way they please.
Ways to Use Your Cool Christmas Drawing Ideas
1. Get a head start on your Christmas cards by using Christmas drawing ideas as inspiration for your holiday greetings.
2. Make your own wrapping paper by turning your Christmas drawings into festive patterns.
3. Give your Christmas tree a personal touch by hanging ornaments that you designed and drew yourself.
4. Turn your Christmas drawings into gift tags for a unique and personal touch on your presents.
5. Make place cards for your holiday dinner table by using Christmas drawing ideas to create each guest’s name and seating assignment.
6. Bring some holiday cheer to your office or cubicle by decorating it with Christmas drawings.
7. Get the kids involved in the holiday fun by having them contribute their own Christmas drawing ideas to the mix.
8. Use Christmas drawing ideas to create your own unique Advent calendar, with a special drawing or activity behind each door leading up to December 25th.
9. Have a contest with friends or family members to see who can come up with the best Christmas drawing idea.
10. Use Christmas drawing ideas as inspiration for creating other holiday-themed crafts, such as wreaths, garlands, ornaments, and more!
*Contains affiliate links
Supplies Needed for Christmas Drawings
Kids can create pencil drawings or take your drawings to the next level with colored pencils or markers.
Christmas Drawing Ideas FAQs
To draw a simple Christmas decoration, start by sketching a round or oval shape for the ornament and adding a small curved line at the top for the hanging loop. Inside the ornament, get creative with patterns like stripes, polka dots, snowflakes, stars, or swirls. You can choose to add color using colored pencils, markers, or crayons, and consider traditional Christmas colors like red, green, gold, or silver. To give your ornament dimension, add shading with slightly darker tones on one side and lighter tones on the other. Complete the drawing by adding a hook detail to the loop and any additional elements like bows or ribbons.
Drawing a simple Christmas garland is easy and fun. Begin by drawing a horizontal base line on your paper and then add small, roundish shapes along it to represent the leaves of the garland. Connect these leaves with a gentle curved line to simulate the garland’s drape. Optionally, you can add berries by drawing small circles or dots among the leaves and include decorations like stars, bells, or ornaments hanging from the leaves for extra festivity. Once you’re done with the sketch, you can add color using traditional Christmas garland colors and consider adding shading or highlights for depth. This basic design can be customized with various colors and elements to suit your holiday artwork.
To draw a simple Christmas landscape suitable for kids, start by sketching a wavy line for the ground and a snowy hill above it. Add Christmas trees with triangular shapes and wavy branches, then decorate them with ornaments. Draw a friendly snowman in the center, complete with stick arms, carrot nose, coal eyes, and buttons. Create a cozy house with windows, a door, and a chimney, adding festive details like a wreath and rising smoke. Scatter snowflakes and falling snow in the sky, and optionally, color the landscape using traditional Christmas colors. This fun and imaginative activity is perfect for young artists to get into the holiday spirit.