Easy recipe for a homemade carrot cake recipe, frosted with cream cheese frosting. This recipe is fluffy and flavorful, perfect for Easter or anytime!
Carrot cake and Easter go hand-in-hand for me. Well, let’s be honest…I could eat Carrot Cake any time of the year. It’s my favorite! Especially with homemade cream cheese frosting! I love serving this moist spice cake on Easter Sunday.
I remember I became obsessed with carrot cake years ago when I was working at the Alumni Club at my college – Rutgers University. I just couldn’t keep my fork away from this cake! It was something magical!
I don’t care for the traditional additions like raisins or nuts in my carrot cake, so this recipe is simple as can be.
How to Make This Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
Be sure to scroll down to get the full recipe with instructions and ingredients.
You will need:
- baking soda
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Shred 5 medium sized carrots.
Step 3: Beat oil, sugar and eggs together until blended.
Step 4: Add remaining ingredients except for carrots. Mix.
Step 5: Add carrots and mix together.
Step 6: Prepare 2 round cake pans with non-stick spray or butter.
Step 7: Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 8: Let cool about 10 minutes before removing from the cake pans.
Step 9: Cool an additional 1 hour before frosting.
Step 10: Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Get the Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe here!
- * 1 1/2 cups sugar
- * 1 cup vegetable oil
- * 3 large eggs
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- * 1 tsp baking soda
- * 1 tsp vanilla
- * 1/2 tsp salt
- * 3 cups shredded carrots (or 5 medium sized)
- * cream cheese frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs together until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients except for carrots. Mix.
- Add carrots and mix together.
- Prepare 2 round cake pans with non-stick spray or butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before removing from the cake pans.
- Cool an additional 1 hour before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.