When I was younger, I felt like I could do almost anything. If you asked me to do something or go somewhere, I was always down. Some how over the years, my self confidence has seriously wavered and I am often less likely to try new things – like hiking waterfalls.
A few weeks ago, my family hiked Bushkill Falls as part of the #PoconoTour17 with the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau. I won’t lie, I was nervous! But how do you show your kids that mom feels like she is not up for the task for hiking and seeing these beautiful falls? They’re known as the “Niagara of Pennsylvania”. I pressed on and did it and boy was it rewarding!
There are 8 different water falls on a 2 mile trail to hike. So what should you have with you on your hike at Bushkill Falls?
- Sturdy Sneakers or hiking boots
- Bottle of water
- Money for admission and the other activities such as mini golf, mining and paddle boats.
- Since the trails are not accessible to strollers, plan ahead if you have little ones.
- Dogs are welcomed to hike the trails too so be sure to bring their leash, water and a way to pick up their waste.
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen.
- Trail mix for a quick snack on your hike.
I have to say it was quite a liberating feeling to get to the falls and something my family and I will always remember.
During our stay in the Poconos, we were test driving the Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. The Poconos is a very mountainous area and the way the Mazda CX5 handled those mountains and curves of the road was just amazing. You truly felt one with the road. The Mazda CX-5 definitely has no hesitations like I did!
The Cx-5 is a compact crossover SUV and the 2017 model has hundreds of improvements over previous models. We were very much in shock over the gas mileage and how well it preformed from throughout our trip to the Poconos.
Connect with #DriveMazda
*Thank you Mazda for allowing us to test drive the Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring for stay in the Pocono Mountains.