This Steamed Seafood Boil is the perfect for summer! You can enjoy this recipe spread out on the picnic table, out on the patio with a cold beer, there’s nothing better than this Steamed Seafood Boil!
It makes A LOT, so if you are looking to WOW! a crowd this summer, this would be a great go-to dish.
Steamed Seafood Boil
So here’s how you make this steamed seafood boil!
In a large stock pot:
- Brown 1lb Kielbasa on the bottom of your steam pot for 5-8 minutes,
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook until they are translucent,
- Add 3 cups of dry white wine, 1 cup of salt 1 lemon and 15 qts of ice water to the pot.
- Cover the pot and let it come to a boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of Old Bay and increase the heat.
- Add the steamer basket to the bottom of your pan and add 3 lbs of red bliss potatoes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 1 1/2-2lbs whole live lobsters, 3 dozen little neck clams, and 6 ears of corn, halved. Return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 dozen shrimp and cook through, about 5 minutes.
You can enjoy this recipe spread out on the picnic table, out on the patio with a cold beer, there’s nothing better than this Steamed Seafood Boil!
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup salt
- 1 lemon
- 6 qts ice water
- 1 cup old bay
- 3 lbs red bliss potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 1 1/2-2 lb whole live lobsters
- 3 dozen little neck clams
- 6 ears corn, halved
- 2 dozen shrimp, cleaned