Learn how to make easy Tissue Paper Flowers! They’re so much fun and perfect for kids to make for an easy gift! Get the full printable instructions!
April showers brings May flowers. Do you remember that saying from childhood? You don’t have to wait for May flowers, you can make your very own Spring flowers with this fun and easy tissue paper flower tutorial. You can make a beautiful bouquet of your own flowers in your favorite color
Do you remember making these fun Tissue Paper flowers in grade school? I know we made them all the time! You use colorful paper to make a flower shape.
Now I am making them with my own kids! My daughter loves making these DIY tissue paper flowers for her friends or for gifts for loved ones! We love doing DIY projects and this makes a great addition to a spring craft for a rainy afternoon or weekend.
Tissue Paper Flowers are a beautiful way to keep some flowers out all the time.
Some different ways you can use your own tissue paper flowers as party decorations are:
- Baby Showers
- Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- a Birthday Party
- Bridal Showers
- as well as table decorations, as they make great decorations for all sorts of party decor.
DIY Tutorial – How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers
The first step is to gather all of your supplies together. Below, I have a printable list for you, so just take it to the store with you! You can find everything either at the dollar tree, your favorite retail store, or craft store.
To make these adorable tissue paper flowers, you will need:
- pipe cleaners for the stem,
- full sheets of tissue paper in different colors
- a marker,
- a small cup and
- a pair of scissors
Step 1: Layer your tissue paper sheets together. We played around with different amounts and discovered that a layer of tissue paper from 8-12 sheets made a pretty flower. You can use different colors of tissue paper or the same color.
Step 2: Using your cup as a guide, trace a circle onto your tissue paper and cut it out, through all your layers of tissue paper. It doesn’t have to be perfect, so don’t worry about that.
Step 3: With the tip of your scissors, carefully make 2 small holes in the center of your tissue paper circle (the center of your flower). Insert one end of your pipe cleaner into the first hole and loop it down into the second hole.
Step 4: Twist the pipe cleaner around itself to secure your pieces of tissue paper circles onto you pipe cleaner. This is going to be the outer petals of your flower and your stem!
Step 5: Now onto making our flower, the fun part! Scrunch up the first layer of your tissue paper at the base where it connects to your pipe cleaner. Keep doing this for each layer, sort of turning as you go, so each layer is scrunched together at different angles, each with a different look.
When you get to the bottom layer of the ends of the tissue paper, you are all finished with your finished flower! You can make leaves too if you’d like.
How to Make Leaves for Your Flowers
To make the leaves, just take another pipe cleaner and cut it into 2 pieces. Twist each piece onto the pipe cleaner stem and shape into a leaf like so.
These tissue paper flowers are so pretty! Make a bunch for your Spring table decor. Give a bouquet to friends and family! Whatever you do with them, they’re sure to make you smile!
If you love flower crafts as much as I do, be sure to check out these different styles of flowers:
How to Make a Paper Flower Wreath
How to Make Roses out of Felt
Pressed Flower Cards
DIY Tissue Paper Flowers
- Tissue paper in various colors
- pipe cleaners, green
- cup, to make circle
- Layer your tissue paper together. We played around with different amounts and discovered that anything from 8-12 layers of tissue paper made a pretty flower.
- Using your cup as a guide, trace a circle onto your tissue paper and cut it out, through all your layers of tissue paper. It doesn’t have to be perfect, so don’t worry about that.
- With the tip of your scissors, carefully make 2 small holes in the center of your tissue paper circle.
- Insert one end of your pipe cleaner into the first hole and loop it down into the second hole.
- Twist it around itself to secure your tissue paper circles onto you pipe cleaner. This is going to be your flower and your stem!
- Now onto making our flower.
- Scrunch up the first layer of your tissue paper at the base where it connects to your pipe cleaner.
- Keep doing this for each layer, sort of turning as you go so each layer is scrunched together at different angles. Your tissue paper flower is complete! You can make leaves too if you’d like.
- To make the leaves just take another pipe cleaner and cut it into 2 pieces. Twist each piece onto the pipe cleaner stem and shape into a leaf like so.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creativity Street Chenille Stems/Pipe Cleaners 12 Inch x 4mm 100-Piece, Green
Westcott School Left and Right Handed Kids 5” Scissors, Blunt, 6 Pack (16454)
Tissue Paper for Gift Bags Assorted 20 Colors Gift Wrap for Packaging, Floral, Birthday, Christmas, Halloween, DIY Crafts and More 15" X 20" 100 Sheets
Friday 11th of June 2021
Very nice video
Tuesday 4th of May 2021
The pipe cleaner leaves and stems are brilliant!! We will be featuring you and this project this week on the Creative Crafts Linky Party! Have a great week and thanks for linking up! Creatively, Beth
Tuesday 4th of May 2021
Thanks so much!!!
Wednesday 13th of January 2021
Theses were very easy to make and they look so pretty. I have read some other instructions on making tissue paper flowers and yours by far are the best. Thanks!
Wednesday 13th of January 2021
That is wonderful to hear! Feel free to email me a picture of your tissue paper flowers, I would love to see your finished product!
14 Beautiful Pipe Cleaner Flowers (Easy Pipe Cleaner Craft) - Miss Wish
Friday 8th of May 2020
20 Paper Crafts That Will Inspire Anyone - Craftsy Hacks
Wednesday 6th of May 2020
[…] Credit: mommalew.com […]