Kids will love this fun shark themed candy sushi recipe. It doesn’t require much skill or time to put together but it’s a hit for Shark Week, Birthday Parties and all around good times!
I’m all about cute and easy food ideas for the kids and this Shark Candy Sushi is just that!
Shark week is almost upon us and I keep humming the Jaws theme song in my head! Dun nuh…dun nuh…dun nuh….Ha!
Whether you are watching shark week at home with the whole family or hosting a shark themed birthday party, this sweet treat is a great idea! Kids and adults alike will think our Candy Sushi is jaw-some!
How to Make Shark Candy Sushi Rolls:
What you will need from the grocery store:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 box of crispy rice cereal
- Shark Gummy Candies
- Fruit Leather or Fruit Roll Ups
Make Your Rice Krispies Treats
Start by making the rice krispie treats for the base of your shark sushi to resemble sushi rice. In a large saucepan over medium heat, Melt the butter and then combine marshmallows. Mix until fully combined.
Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat and mix in your rice cereal. Stir the rice mixture well to combine.
While your cereal mixture is still warm pour into a large sheet pan (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) and flatten it out into a thin layer.
Once your rice crispy treats have cooled slightly, with a sharp knife cut out rice crispy treats the same size, about 2 inches wide.
Make Your Candy Sushi
Place your gummy shark on top of the rice crispy treat.
Unroll your fruit roll up and cut into long strips. I used red, but you could also use green fruit roll-ups.
Wrap your fruit roll up around the shark and rice krispy treat so that your finished product tis a tasty treat that looks just like real sushi!
You can use all different types of gummy candy to resemble different fish: swedish fish candy (fresh salmon), gummy worms (eel), or use sprinkles to resemble sesame seeds.
To make this just like a normal sushi experience, serve your shark candy sushi with chopsticks, chocolate sauce as a sweet soy sauce, and iced green tea to drink! There’s no better way to trick your taste buds!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Gummy Shark Candy
- Fruit Roll Up Candy
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and then stir in the marshmallows. Mix until melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in your rice cereal. Stir well to combine.
- While your rice crispy mixture is still warm pour into a large sheet pan (sprayed with non-stick spray) and flatten it out.
- Once your rice crispy treats have cooled slightly, cut out rice crispy treats the same size, about 2 inches wide.
- Place your gummy shark on top of the rice crispy treat
- Unroll your fruit roll up and cut into long strips. Wrap your fruit roll up around the shark and rice crispy treat to look like sushi.
- Serve your shark candy sushi with chopsticks, while you're watching Shark Week of course!