Shark week is almost upon us and I keep humming the Jaws theme song in my head! Dun nuh…dun nuh…dun nuh….Ha!
Shark Week is celebrating it’s 30th year and starts on July 23rd with an exciting lineup – one that even includes Michael Phelps racing a great white shark!
Looking for a cute snack to serve for Shark Week? We’ve got a sweet treat you can sink your jaws into! Kids and adults alike will think our Shark Sushi is jaw-some!
Shark Sushi is a sweet, shark-themed version of candy sushi that kids will love. It doesn't require much skill or time to put together but it's a hit. I'm all about cute and do-able food ideas for the kids!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Gummy Shark Candy
- Fruit Roll Up Candy
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and then stir in the marshmallows. Mix until melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in your rice cereal. Stir well to combine.
- While your rice crispy mixture is still warm pour into a large sheet pan (sprayed with non-stick spray) and flatten it out.
- Once your rice crispy treats have cooled slightly, place your gummy shark on top of the rice crispy treat and cut out rice crispy treats the same size.
- Unroll your fruit roll up and cut into long strips. Wrap your fruit roll up around the shark and rice crispy treat to look like sushi.
- Serve your shark sushi with chopsticks, while you're watching Shark Week of course!